Dirtiest Boxers of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    lol you've watched boxing for about six months

evander holyfield headbutted more in one round than ward will over 12.
    These last two days he's been exposing his lack of knowledge at a record clip. It's some thing to behold.
    I got a genuine laugh about criticizing Ward for picking on poor old BIKA! lol One of the guys I came here to mention! Apparently he's never seen Bika fight, especially not the Calzaghe fight.

And, he's made it clear twice that he didn't see Ward vs Rodriguez.

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    ... ward is something else. Elbows against bika,
    docked points for repeated fouls against rodriguez, constant clinching.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      These last two days he's been exposing his lack of knowledge at a record clip. It's some thing to behold.
      I got a genuine laugh about criticizing Ward for picking on poor old BIKA! lol One of the guys I came here to mention! Apparently he's never seen Bika fight, especially not the Calzaghe fight.

ive seen the early rounds against rodrgieuz, not gonna watch 12 rounds of that ****. that isnt boxing, looked like two guys grappling outside the kebab house like i see every saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

ward wasn't even the dirtiest fighter in that fight . bika is a straight up dirty fighter. he's been DQ'd FFS.

ward's not a squeaky clean fighter by any means, and flirts with the rules all the time, but to call him a historic level dirty fighter is just a function of some of these euro fanboys being unable to accept one of their blue eyed heroes taking a one sided L.

ward had a broken left hand in the froch fight, and he's f#cking left handed . they never recovered.

Comment

ward wasn't even the dirtiest fighter in that fight . bika is a straight up dirty fighter. he's been DQ'd FFS.

ward's not a squeaky clean fighter by any means, and flirts with the rules all the time, but to call him a historic level dirty fighter is just a function of some of these euro fanboys being unable to accept one of their blue eyed heroes taking a one sided L.

ward had a broken left hand in the froch fight, and he's f#cking left handed . they never recovered.
          I am not trying to take nsb into this section, but there is a reason why Ward hasn't been dq'ed and Bika has and that is to do with fight location.

Now I would also rank Bika as much more dirty than Ward as Ward to me has only been exceptionnaly dirty in one fight. At least to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            I am not trying to take nsb into this section, but there is a reason why Ward hasn't been dq'ed and Bika has and that is to do with fight location.

Now I would also rank Bika as much more dirty than Ward as Ward to me has only been exceptionnaly dirty in one fight. At least to my knowledge.

if you think ward should have been disqualified in the kessler fight you're f#cking nuts.

nuts.

Comment

Yes, I came into this thread to list Bika as a legend in dirty fighting but was distracted when I saw someone portraying him as the victim.

Back to Ward, I agree. I think him being the better bully aggravates his detractors. Carl could have held and waited for the break, but he mixed it up with Ward as so many others do. Andre leaves openings and draws them into the game. But, they just can't fight a meat grinder kind of fight like Ward does so detractors dismiss it as him "hugging" and "cheating". Yes, he fouls, about as often as Mayweather did. But, putting him in the same box as Hopkins, Salido, and Bika is laughable.

Comment

Tyson commited the single most grevious foul. A lot of his fouling was quite grevious, not harmless assaults.

Gene Fullmer was the absolute king of rabbit punchers. Without all the fouling he may not have beaten Robinson at all.

Golata was the most obvious of foulers, and his fouls had harmful intent.

For all around master of dirt, I have to go with Andre Ward for his consistency and the breadth of his fouling techniques. He has them fully integrated into his game. He would never consider fighting any way but dirty. He is a dirty fighter pure and simple. He is the most pure of dirty fighters. He escapes because his fouls are not usually the grevious sort meant to fell a man on the spot with a broken arm or a broken nut. His fouls slowly take their toll in a subtle, hard to incriminate way.

Comment

golota for the modern era

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    When I think of dirty fighters, Saddler and Zivic are the first names that come to mind.

A lot of the early 1900's-10's fighters were dirty fighters, the sport was a lot more raw back then.

Clabby, Chip, McGoorty, Darcy etc etc these guys aren't necessarily "dirty" but they're very tough rough and rugged.

Fireman Jim Flynn intentionally head utter Jack Johnson multiple times, literally moved his head back and swung his head at him like a punch. Doesn't get much dirtier than that. There's actually footage of that on YouTube or used to be atleast.

pre-1900s is not pretty at all.

Johnny Reagan during his MW bout with Nonpariel Dempsey. They used to use steel cleats, and falling down even though you were not hurt so that you could kick and "accidentally" injure your opponent on the way down was a thing. Reagan took a punch, feel to the ground and used his cleats to slash Nonpariel a new four-inch hole in his leg.

Old Smoke John Morrissey used guns and gang violence to win matches, collecting bets, and rig elections. When he fought Yankee Sullivan a rival named Bill Poole had money riding on Yanks, but Yankee had been threaten by Morrissey's gang and knew if he won and they had to pay rival gang leader Poole they've shoot and kill Yankee. So Yanks beat the ever living **** out of Old Smoke and left the ring to be DQ'd. Poole refuses to make good on his bet given Yankee didn't lose the fight he got DQd, and so some friend of John's shot and killed Bill Poole. Should note, Yanks does get murdered by a militia, it just happens later, and I don't think there's a Morrissey connection, but I could be very wrong. He got stabbed to death in his cell.

Kleomedes of Astypalia killed his opponent Ikkos by flattening his hand and stabbing his fingers into the man like that Indiana Jones baddie. The Hellano***ai DQ'd him, fined him, and sent him home. Along the way he stopped to murder some school children by demolishing the building with them inside. He ran and hide in a temple and the oracle saved him.

edit for to complain- why on earth is Hella-no-di-kai star'd out? How am I expected to drop knowledge with a sensor like that? Plus ****s works....other than the D-I-K I can't find even a pseudo offensive word. What the ****s is going on?
                    Last edited by Marchegiano; 10-13-2016, 09:40 AM. Reason: could not remember where Kleo was from.

Comment

I'd have to say Tim Bradley was a very nasty fellow at 140. A supreme slap head that would just inflict some damage to his opponents.

He was very subtle with it but since his concussion from Provodnikov, he's protected his head a little bit more and stopped going in head first.

Comment

Working...
                      X