No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Nearly Stopped, Sucks It Up To Win a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
    fight of the year hands down give bradley his respect hes a ****ing warrior + the desert storm never seen that before what ****ing heart but i think he left his game plan to shut up the critics both fighters deserve props but bradley just showed why he is the best welter
    correct.

Bradley could have danced for 12 rounds and won a wide UD, easy work. rounds 7-10 were exactly how he should have fought this guy.
    instead, he chose to fight this guy's fight frequently in order to entertain, to make the 'statement' he was talking about pre-fight, and put himself in the shop window as an attractive proposition for a big fight with a Pacquiao, Marquez or a Rios. and that transformed what should have been a routine night into an incredibly risky night for him, ultimately.

even then, when he would hang in exchanges, he would be getting the better of Provodnikov, making Provodnikov miss most of his laughably wide shots and landing multiples, until he would eat one or two and get rocked. problem is, there was a big power differential between these guys, and seven, eight, nine or ten of Bradley's light punches were barely equal to just one of Provodnikov's in terms of effecting the opposite man. Bradley would stay in there too long, landing lots, but getting caught once or twice with big ones, and that's when he'd get in trouble.

every time he would stay in there, i'd exhort, 'get out! dance! jab!'
    after he'd dominated rounds 7 through 10 in that exact manner, i was annoyed to see Bradley putting himself in the killzone again in round 11, which got him rocked, and then the same thing again in the 12th. Bradley should have been able to see out those championship rounds with relative comfort, but hanging around in there too long with Provodnikov had put him in a position of vulnerability that was completely unnecessary.

that said,

rounds were easy to score.

neither of round 1 or 2 were dominant enough for Provodnikov to warrant a 10-8.
    Bradley was winning round 1 until he got rocked in that last minute - having been comfortably in control of the round, he threw it away by fighting that guy's fight.
    round 2 was a two-way war that Provodnikov got the better of, not a one-sided round - Bradley gave back plenty in reply even after being rocked.

Bradley won 7 clear rounds (3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10) to Ruslan's 5 (1, 2, 6, 11 and 12). factor in a point off for the knockdown and you have a deserved 114-113 Bradley win.

he showed he was a class above Provodnikov when he fought with strategic intelligence and used his abilities.

instead of fighting that way for 12 rounds, Bradley gave this guy every chance to win, put himself right in the danger zone and took damage that isn't good for his career just to entertain fans and sell himself for a big fight.

i hope he gets that big fight, because he sure won't get any credit from his haters and internet scumbags, who will either cry that he received a gift or shriek that he went life and death with a crude, limited opponent.

it's a no-win situation for Bradley in that respect. so predictable.

anyone who understands boxing and truly loves it knows that Bradley is a LION and a fine asset to the sport.
    Last edited by PEBBLES!; 03-17-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      so you scored it a draw against a guy not even ranked top ten 140 or 147..a big underdog..and that's not getting exposed? lol
      What are you a 12 year old?

Of course he didn't get exposed. He fought badly. He has already proven in previous fights that he has the skill. Devon Alexander was a monster puncher (proven by how he knocked out Iron Chinned Juan Urango) and had fore more skill than Prod. and Bradley handled him.

He handled Peterson with his boxing and look at what Peterson accomplished in his last two fights. It was a off-night. We saw the guy crying during the interview. He didn't exposed, he had a BAD NIGHT, and guess what - HE STILL WON.

The best way to settle this is to have a rematch and watch Bradley put on a boxing clinic without any drama the next go-around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copyright View Post
        The fight was a draw its as simple as that, count the LEGIT knock down and its a draw even on the judges score cards, that would of been a fair result for both, Bradley showed heart but he showed more ******ity than anything else.

One thing i hate these days is the scoring system, fighters getting rewarded for throwing lots of soft nothing punches that land on arms and gloves but get scored in this fight you had a guy literally bludgeoning his opposite and almost knocking him out with nearly every connect, and then you have Bradley with those flurries of punches hitting arms and gloves and being scored he landed some solid shots of course he did he was up against a punch bag but pointless flurries that steal rounds piss me off Khan does it Martinez does it Bradley does it and its sickening
        I don't know what fight you saw, but between rounds 7-11 Ruslan was not doing any bludgeoning. He was very inactive and most of what he threw missed. When the other guy is throwing 100 punches and you're not throwing much and missing the rest. In my book the guy who is throwing the 100 wins the round, even if they were soft.

And Martinez?? Sergio Martinez? Are you telling me that you had Martinez lose to Chavez Jr. or anyone else??

Comment

• Originally posted by wash View Post
          Bradley won

End of story
          Alot more to the 'story' than that.... and if you don't agree you're just a Timmy fanboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copyright View Post
            The fight was a draw its as simple as that, count the LEGIT knock down and its a draw even on the judges score cards, that would of been a fair result for both, Bradley showed heart but he showed more ******ity than anything else.

One thing i hate these days is the scoring system, fighters getting rewarded for throwing lots of soft nothing punches that land on arms and gloves but get scored in this fight you had a guy literally bludgeoning his opposite and almost knocking him out with nearly every connect, and then you have Bradley with those flurries of punches hitting arms and gloves and being scored he landed some solid shots of course he did he was up against a punch bag but pointless flurries that steal rounds piss me off Khan does it Martinez does it Bradley does it and its sickening

Lets not forget the several rounds that Provodnikov threw 0 punches. it was a close fight because of the last KD, but i think Tim won about 8 rounds to 4. 7 rounds to 5 maybe. Great fight, and no reason for anyone to hate on TB or Provodnikov. i was thoroughly entertained. At the end of the day, people saying that Tim got exposed have to remember, Pacquaio fought him too, and HE didnt have him hurt or down the way Ruslan did.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              so you scored it a draw against a guy not even ranked top ten 140 or 147..a big underdog..and that's not getting exposed? lol
              That's a good point tbh! I didn't realise. I knew provodnikov was an underdog. but watching his previous fights and bradley's performances i gave provodnikov a good chance of beating him!

Comment

• Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                Bradley will be scared to death now to fight anyone, ONCE AGAIN. Watch how many guys call out Bradley. This is the confirmation all of Boxing needed; Bradley is no Champion, never deserved Pacquiao's title, never beat Manny, and tried to be very careful choosing this opponent, and nearly got knocked out. In fact it sounds like those Russian beat the living hell out of Bradley, and the judges jacked yet another decision.

Another pompous, key board warrior pu$$y making simplistic, easily dismissive statements.

Go lay in traffic.

Comment

• Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                  Bradley will be scared to death now to fight anyone, ONCE AGAIN. Watch how many guys call out Bradley. This is the confirmation all of Boxing needed; Bradley is no Champion, never deserved Pacquiao's title, never beat Manny, and tried to be very careful choosing this opponent, and nearly got knocked out. In fact it sounds like those Russian beat the living hell out of Bradley, and the judges jacked yet another decision.
                  It sounds like you are biased and didn't see the fight.

And if you didn't see the fight and making these comments then don't you think that is really dumb thing to do.

And the judges didn't jack anything up, in fact, for once they had it just right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Another pompous, key board warrior pu$$y making simplistic, easily dismissive statements.

Go lay in traffic.
                    LOL...It's not even worth letting these trolls get to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by QS2 View Post
                      Bradley said he softened pacman up for marquez but i think it's vice-versa.
                      pacman took something from bradley because he's not the same fighter.
                      He got hit too easily from wild punches.
                      100% correct Pac took Bradley's ZERO maybe not on paper but in Bradley's mind its gone he can say this and that about how he thinks he won but it's lies he knows he lost against Pac and its affecting him mentally he needs to accept it admit it to himself then he will become a better fighter and can move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X