Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Nearly Stopped, Sucks It Up To Win a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bradley just fought his way back into the hearts of boxing fans! He deserves a lot of credit. He made me proud to be a boxing fan! Fight of the year so far...

Comment

Got to give it to Tim Bradley; ordinary guy that does extraordinary things.

Hopefully this is the start of a new chapter for him. I wonder if Marquez feels more or less confident after tonight's fight?

I mean, yeah he can be hurt. But he's also definitely inhuman.

Comment

That was so disappointing. After that kind of fight and showing that kind of heart, the right man should have won. Yet they took it away from him. Both guys gave it everything and the real winner should have been given the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
          Yeah, but all he had to do was edge out a single round (even with the ref's blown call) to get a draw, which he definitely good have done, IMO. Roach should have instructed him to re-establish control in those critical middle rounds, instead of threatening to stop the fight. It's not until Roach specifically told him that he needed a ko that Ruslan looked motivated once again, nearly stopping Bradley.
          Coulda, woulda, shoulda. There are just some fighters who tire in the second half of the fight. I am not sure if it's physical or something else. But it's very hard to correct.

De La Hoya, Cotto, and many others have had that problem. Freites was another guy. They just have trouble pulling the trigger in the second half of the fight.

Comment

There were not many close (hard to score) rounds. The rounds that Timmy won, he won convincingly through activity. Even Roach knew this.

You add those rounds up, and it's enough for a 115-113 type decision, either way you cut it. A draw at best. The russian gave you the last impression by knocking down Bradley in the 12th, but this is where the people who don't have short attention spans look at the rounds Bradley put in the bank.

Stop the knee jerk hysteria. This is the type of fight where you shouldn't create threads arguing about who won, but just praise THE FIGHT itself and what both guys did. This could've easily been a 3 round fight with someone TKO'd but it didn't.

Comment

and then they cry they get robbed in Germany !!!!!!!! It was a clear knockdown early in the fight...Provodnikov put on a boxing clinic ....deserved at least a draw....BS

Comment

Bradley may gain 3 more new fans on this fight (joke). What a chin though!

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                  I had the russian in a split decision. respect to both men.
                  I have to disagree, I scored it a majority draw.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Great fight, but I'm horribly disappointed in Bradley. Worst I've ever seen him fight, and I don't know how to explain it.
                    How to explain it is easy. Bradley for 1 hasn't excepted the fact that he just isn't a big puncher no matter how much he bench presses and got a rude awakening, also Bradley is coming up on 30 now and seems to be losing athleticism after all the wars he's been in throughout the years which is sad because IMO he really spent his true prime years 26-28 on the sidelines for the most part. Tonight definitely took something out of him.

Marquez will be knocking Bradley out for his 5th world title I'm afraid..

Comment

That was a horrible job by the ref. Tim "I got another gift decision" Bradley wins again. I think the 10lb weight advantage Tim held was because he didn't train like he should have. Duded looked winded in there, which is unusual. Ruslan fought a hell of fight and should have been awarded the decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X