By Igor Lazorin, tass

This past Friday - Andrei Ryabinsky, promoter for Olympic gold medal winner and former WBA champion Alexander Povetkin (30-1, 22KOs), submitted the winner purse bid to secure the promotional rights for the mandatory fight against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (36-0, 35KOs).

Ryabinsky put in a bid of over $7 million to win the promotional rights to the bout. Wilder's side, led by promoter Lou DiBella, put in $5.1 million.

With Ryabinsky securing the promotional rights, there is a very good chance that Wilder will have to travel over to Russia to make the defense.

According to Jay Deas, co-trainer and manager of Wilder, his fighter has no issue with going to Russia and has no plans to vacate his belt.

"Deontay was in Russia several times when he fought as an amateur. For him it's not a problem to come to Russia to fight. Povetkin is a very tough and strong opponent. We are preparing for it. And Deontay is one hundred percent confident [of winning]," - Deas said.

Before the purse bid took place, the two sides were discussing the possibility of a May date in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center. Ryabinsky was very frustrated with the outcome and felt a purse bid was the only way to get a deal done.

Ryabinsky said - "I have 14 days to decide if the fight will take place in the United States. I admit that the fight could take place in Russia. I will review all of the involved factors, including public opinion, [when deciding on the location]."

Wilder fought last month and retained his title by knocking out Artur Szpilka in the ninth round at the Barclays Center. Povetkin, who was ringside for Wilder's most recent defense, was last seen in the ring in November. He took a stay-busy fight by stopping huge Polish contender Mariusz Wach in the twelfth round. Povetkin has already started training for the bout with Wilder.