British contender Dillian Whyte does not expect IBF, IBO, WBA champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs) to fight WBC champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs).
Whyte is the WBC's number one ranked contender, and in line for a mandatory shot at Wilder. The sanctioning body has yet to order the fight. Wilder was in action earlier this month at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where he knocked out previously undefeated Luis Ortiz in the tenth round.
On March 31 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff - Joshua will collide with WBO world champion Joseph Parker in a high stakes unification.
If Joshua comes out on the top, there will be pressure for him to face Wilder next - but Whyte doubts that contest happens.
Whyte himself is hoping to fight Wilder next - but first he needs to get past Lucas Browne this coming Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London.
The fight with Browne will be carried by HBO in the United States, and Whyte believes Wilder will indeed be watching the fight and taking notes.
"We've been chasing the big fights and this [Browne] fight automatically should take me a step closer and put me in mandatory position," Whyte exclusively told Sky Sports.
"People are already asking these questions, but it will definitely push the question a bit more. I know Joshua isn't going to fight him next. I doubt the people are going to want to see him fight anybody next. They are going to want to see him fight someone proper, so we'll see [if Wilder fights me]."
Wilder has laughed at the idea of a fight with Whyte. He believes Whyte is nothing more than a domestic level fighter and sees no reason to face him - unless the WBC orders the fight.
"He underestimates me," says Whyte. "He says he can beat me with one hand behind his back. I know he's talking rubbish. Of course he's going to be watching me."