In the past, heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte had called for a showdown with two-division world champion David Haye.
The fight never happened, with both boxers heading in different directions.
Haye retired from the sport a few months ago, after suffering a vicious fifth round knockout in his rematch with Tony Bellew. In the first Bellew bout, Haye was stopped in eleven rounds.
Whyte is scheduled to return on December 22, when he faces Dereck Chisora in a rematch from The O2 in London.
A few weeks ago, it was announced that Chisora had signed a managerial agreement with Haye. The move was unexpected, since several years ago the two boxers were involved in an infamous press conference brawl in Germany.
Haye also holds a knockout victory over Chisora.
But apparently, Whyte himself is very interested in matching his boxing skills against Haye.
And if Haye is interested in coming out of retirement, Whyte indicates that he's willing to fight.
"The option is there, if he wants it, after I beat Chisora," Whyte told Sky Sports. "He can roll the dice one last time. I would smash David.
"I wanted the fight from years ago. He looks like he's a light heavyweight now."
Before he can think about Haye, the 'Body Snatcher' must defeat Chisora.
When they first met in December of 2016, Whyte won a close twelve round split decision in a 'Fight of The Year' candidate.
Whyte confirmed the rumors that Chisora had been trying to anger him with heated private messages on social media.
He explained that Chisora's tactics did not work on him.
"Dereck Chisora, he prides himself on trying to freak people out, and being unpredictable, but every time he tries, he doesn't affect me at all," said Whyte.
"I just said to him 'I don't want to speak to you on DM, because you are famous for putting up a screenshot of people's messages and posting them.'
"That's a snitch, and you know what happens to snitches."