According to heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte, he is still highly motivated to secure the best possible fights in his weight class.
This past Saturday night, Whyte was knocked out in the sixth round of his mandatory clash with WBC world champion Tyson Fury. The fight took place before a record crowd of 94,000 at Wembley Stadium in London.
Whyte had been chasing a WBC title shot for several years, with that journey now coming to an end.
Fury will either retire or collide with the winner of the upcoming rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua, who battle for the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight titles in July.
Whyte is hoping to avenge all his career defeats. Last year, he stopped Alexander Povetkin to redeem a knockout loss to the Russian boxer in 2020. His other two losses, both by knockout, came at the hands of Fury and Joshua.
"I still want to fight the best. Listen, win, lose or draw on Saturday, I would have a few more fights against the best guys and then retire. I still want to do the same thing. Nothing has changed. I don't know what Wilder is doing. I just need to come back and I want to fight everyone I lost to again and try to avenge my losses. One hundred percent [I can win a world title]. Even he [Fury] himself said it, I will be world champion one day, so let's see," Whyte told Sky Sports.
"We've got to wait and see [what happens in the heavyweight division]. Opportunities are still there. I'm still one of the best fighters around. Okay I've had a loss, I need one fight to come back, but it's not the end of the world for me. My team are realists, and they'll tell me straight you're done. They would have told me, 'Yeah, that's it, you're out.'
"It's a hard pill to swallow obviously. At the time, I felt disappointed, because I felt like I disappointed everyone, but now we've calmed down and we've had a think about it, I'm going to have a little break with my family and stuff, and then I'm ready to go again. We don't quit, we just keep going."