By Per Ake Persson
Former WBA and WBC super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler tells BT that he´s done. There will be no comeback and the 39-year old is now officially retired again.
It was in the spring of last year that Kessler announced he was coming back and he stepped up his training.
In August he spent a week in Sweden sparring with Erik Skoglund and those who saw the sparring stated that it was the Viking Warrior of old.
Ekstrabladet revealed that the comeback would take place November 11 in Herning with Roamer Alexis Angulo would be the opponent. But then it all turned quiet, but then it was revealed that Kessler was suffering from borrelia and he was out with illness for a few months.
More silence followed but now it is official: Mikkel Kessler is retired. - "I just can´t find the motivation to go through with it all," says Kessler to BT.
He last fought 2013 losing to Carl Froch in a rematch and announced his retirement early 2015.
Medhi Ameur, manager of French heavyweight Johann Duhaupas, reports that there is no deal yet for the HBO televised fight against Jarrell Miller on April 28 in New York. The fight, if finalized, would be the co-featured attraction to the return of middleweight contender Daniel Jacobs,
"Next week I might have some news," says Ameur.
Duhaupas, 37-4, is also lined up to headline three shows at the Grand Casino in Lloret del Mar (Spain) with June 16, August 25 and December 29 as dates.
Heavyweight prospect Agron Skamici, 10-0, makes his North American debut on March 24 as he appears on a show in Toronto against an opponent to be announced. Skamici, from Croatia, is promoted by EC Boxing in Hamburg and is trained by former EBU champ Juergen Blin, perhaps best known for his brave stand against Muhammad Ali in 1971.