By Miguel Rivera
WBO junior middleweight world champion Jaime Munguia (31-0, 26 KOs) is still planning to fight for the fourth time in 2018.
According to the 22-year-old boxer, his next fight will take place on December 8th or 15th in the United States.
If Munguia returns on December 15, that contest will be part of the undercard to Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding, which takes place at New York's Madison Square Garden.
One of the possible opponents mentioned by Munguia for his December defense, is unbeaten Japanese boxer Takeshi Inoue (13-0-1, 7 KO's).
"We are looking at December, apparently the 8th, against a Japanese boxer who is undefeated, Takeshi Inoue, we are looking at that possibility. He is a fighter that you have to be very careful with.. because he is a kamikaze, a warrior, he goes to the front and throws punches, elbows and everything," said Munguia to A Los Golpes.
Munguia has been very busy in 2018 and viewed as one of the new breakout stars in the sport.
He crashed on the scene in May, when he came in as a late replacement and knocked out Sadam Ali in a one-sided fight to capture the WBO world title.
A few months later, he proved his worth by dropping tough veteran Liam Smith to win a twelve round unanimous decision in Las Vegas. And then the Mexican fighter returned to Las Vegas last month, when he blew away challenger Brandon Cook on the Canelo-Golovkin undercard.
Eventually, he wants to secure a showdown with Canelo.
"I really can not say [when that fight could happen]. I was very close to landing Golovkin and I was not allowed to fight.. but I think it was a good thing, because I received better opportunities. I could not say [when I'll face Canelo]... but for me, in a year and a half or two years I would be ready for Canelo," said Munguia.