By Mark Vester
WBC super feathweight champion Humberto Soto has told overseas reporters that he plans to return in September in Mexico unless a bout with Edwin Valero, the WBC lightweight champion, or some other big name comes. Aristides Pérez and Rogelio Ferreira have been two of three mentioned opponents. The fight he would really like is against Valero. Soto's manager Antonio Lozada says the fight is in talks.
"We are negotiating that fight, but we have not reached an agreement on some details. I suggested the date November 14 on the undercard of the event where Miguel Cotto will fight Manny Pacquiao," Lozada told ESTO.
Soto is focused on a September defense unless Valero comes along. He says a fight with Pacquiao is looking more distant by the month.
"For me, I would love to fight with Edwin, but so far it is only speculation. I am focused on my defense in my homeland. And with Pacquiao, it is difficult because of the weight to fight him at welterweight. I would also like to fight Jorge Linares and Juan Manuel Marquez," Soto said.
Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ email@example.com