Golden Boy Promotions President Eric Gomez explained that there is no ill will between his company and their superstar fighter, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
This past Saturday night, Canelo returned to the ring with an eleventh round knockout of Sergey Kovalev to capture the WBO light heavyweight title. Canelo moved up in weight by two full divisions to take the fight.
One of the main storylines during fight week, was the internal rift between Canelo and Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya.
In several interviews in the last few weeks, Canelo made several critical comments about De La Hoya. And he even went as far as to tell The Athletic that De Le Hoya had "no loyalty" to anyone.
Gomez believes the situation has been blown up in the media.
"We have a 10-year plus relationship with Canelo. It's no different than a marriage or a relationship with a family member, it's constantly changing and evolving," Gomez told CBS Sports.
"There is always going to be disagreements and differences of opinions but the most important thing is that we are all pros -- he's a pro and we are pros -- and we are going to get the job done.
"We are ready to move forward. We have no ill will whatsoever. He's our fighter, we have an obligation to him and we are going to do our job."
Gomez's take was echoed by Golden Boy's head matchmaker, Robert Diaz.
Earlier this year, Canelo publicly blamed Diaz for the IBF's decision to strip him of the middleweight title.
"If you are in the honeymoon stage, there's no negative or bad news. But when you have been married for over 10 years and you have been through a lot and gone through ups and downs and every distraction here and there, it's going to happen," Diaz said.
"Everything has a repair as long as both sides want to repair. In this case, there must have been some miscommunication. Somebody is saying something to one side or the other but, of course, it has repair."