Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Kell Brooks "big" announcment for Sept?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Kell Brooks "big" announcment for Sept?

Thought this was coming a week or two ago?? Probably struggling to find anyone credible and rubbish enough to feed to Brook in Sheffield.

The opponent is apparently already agreed. Was supposed to be announced by the end of last week. Eddie Hearn gave a list of 5 names. Mosley, Lopez, Senchenko, Van Heerden and Guerrero.

Guerrero would probably be the best one out of those. Don't see it being him though. The rest are pretty uninspiring if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      The opponent is apparently already agreed. Was supposed to be announced by the end of last week. Eddie Hearn gave a list of 5 names. Mosley, Lopez, Senchenko, Van Heerden and Guerrero.

Guerrero would probably be the best one out of those. Don't see it being him though. The rest are pretty uninspiring if you ask me.
      I was thinking Mosley but apparently he's fighting Mundine now.

Rumours are its Lopez. Decent fight at best but a step up at least.

I think the chances of Guererro coming to the UK are very unlikely.

Comment

It's either Van Heerden or Senchenko.

Comment

I think Eddie Hearn has been busy with other stuff i.e announcing Froch-Groves, Bellew's world title fight and he's just signed Anthony Joshua today. Probably why no announcement has been made.

I'm honestly starting to think Brook/Eddie Hearn tactically ducked Alexander. I think they believe Khan will beat Alexander and Brook will be the mandatory so Khan will have to fight him. Much more beneficial fight for Brook than going to the US to fight Alexander.

Comment

Would be proper impressed with Guerrero, agree he's the most unlikely out the of the list tho. The others I'm not that impressed with, guess Lopez would be the next best imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I'm honestly starting to think Brook/Eddie Hearn tactically ducked Alexander
              I 100% believe Brook just ducked Alexander, no tactical thinking about it.

Comment

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn8h
                Been told Julio Diaz turned down offer to fight @SpecialKBrook, who it seems will wind up facing Senchenko. #boxing

Comment

It's Senchenko.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
                    Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn8h
                    Been told Julio Diaz turned down offer to fight @SpecialKBrook, who it seems will wind up facing Senchenko. #boxing
                    That is who I thought it would be all along. A very minor step up in competition for Kell Brook then. What is the end game for team Brook??? An alphabet title via the softest touch possible? Coz he definitely doesnt seem hell bent on fighting the true elite of the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X