Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the opposition that bad or is GGG's power overrated at a high level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even nelo will tell ya GGG is the hardest puncher he fought.
    Nelo hasn't koed wall his opponents sand I'm sure GGG would have no problem koing hatton, SSM and floyd

Comment

He has heavy hands but maybe not as much power as people thought? You can't say he doesnt have power against top opposition when every top guy he has ever fought has fought highly defensive fights. If his power was average then Canelo & Jacobs wouldn't have moved as much.

Any hyped fighter looks great against mediocre opposition tho. Tyson is a great example. Once he faced A level guys he didnt look as invincible. His fans will say he lost because he was past prime. Yah past prime in his mid 20s. Yeah right

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Oh yeah for sure, both did very well defensively but I expected Jacobs to crumble once GGG landed clean.

GGG is still a very hard puncher regardless there is no denying that.
        I agree. Especially after that knockdown, I was expecting GGG to steamroll him.

I think GGG has fallen in love with his power a little too much. He's not setting up his shots as well and neglecting the body thinking a few power shots can get people out of there.

Obviously there is some physical decline due to his age, but he's starting to lost sight of the smaller things and that's the bigger problem with his last 3 fights

Comment

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
          I told breadman 2years ago that G doesn't have lights out power only accumulation power. He's only one punches KO less 3 people. Ishida being the one I remember. Most of his kid have been body punches and fighters quiting. One punch power is when lights out once your touched. Breadman said I was crazy lol. He usually pretty quick Minded so its forgivable

I posted the same thing in these forums and guess what I heard. Lol
          Dude its the same thing with Pacquaio and i've laughed for years about it. They act like the battering that takes place before the KO has nothing to do with it. Golovkin has also been working the body a lot less as of late.

Comment

I predicted a late KO with both Jacobs & Canelo.. I still believe Golovkin has good power & his KOs come from combination of power punches.. Jacobs fought on backfoot all night & moved effectively to not eat right hands so he lasted all 12 & Canelo had enough power in his punches to not let Golovkin land more than 2-3 combo of power punches..
            People have to realize that HWs go all 12 sometimes & they punch like a truck, so lower weight guy going the distance is not surprising..

Comment

Working...
            X