Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Floyd Mayweather fought an equal 1:1 counterpart?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather was the best fighter in the sport, that was clear to see early in his career, why would the best fighter be a underdog to anyone around his weight?
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-14-2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Funny how you never use that towards Golovkin, insteads you cry and beg for him to move up to fight Ward at 168lbs, Ward the man who couldn't make 168lbs and now is officially at 175lbs.
      So ofcourse now we all know these people will be begging GGG to move to 175, skip 168lbs what does it matter, right?

AND this is exactly what Floyd should have done I mean he does probably use steroids afterall that and the fact he has tonnes of stipulations in his favour but he was the favourite because his inside ring ability?
      I don't think so, lol.
      The different levels of competition are the reason you can't apply the greatness label to GGG. If GGG had fought and defeated the caliber of talent Floyd did,you'd have a valid argument.

If anyone tried to argue Wilder was as great as GGG, you'd be saying the same thing to them as I am to you.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Corrales wasn't favourite because he was a great fighter, rather people weren't quite sure how good Floyd was at that time early in his career. Being underdog once early in your career isn't good enough. Floyd took a risk early in his career to become a somebody in boxing. But once he became a somebody he did as little as he could get away with.

Don't play that game with me. MOre like he isn't fighting anyone good that's why hes favourite. Its not hard to find someone youd be underdog against unless your name is Wlad klitscho. He literally cant be underdog in a fight because nobody is better than or favoured to beat him. When Floyd is underdog he don't take the fight, because he likes things equal when he steps inside the ring. Even Jeff Lacy was favourite against Calzaghe so its called overating someone.

No, if he fought GGG he wouldn't be favourite. If he fought Canelo at 160 its not sure who be favourite. So if he is scared of GGG, Canelo might be an option at 160 or Miguel.
        Floyd already defeated everyone you said he needed to be an ATG. When he did, you deleted that post, one of the most cowardly things any poster has ever done.

How you can complain now is hypocritical. You felt there were several boxers better than him. He proved you wrong. That you can't accept it says alot about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Philantro View Post
          Al Haymon and Floyd have consistently avoided the three best fighters since 2007:

The three best were avoided in 2007
          1.Antonio Margarito at 147lbs
          2.Paul Williams at 147lbs
          3.Miguel Cotto at 147lbs

The three best were avoided in 2008
          1.Paul Williams at 147lbs
          2.Antonio Margarito at 147lbs
          3.Miguel Cotto at 147lbs

The three best were avoided in 2009
          1.Manny Pacquiao at 147lbs
          2.Paul Williams at 147-154lbs
          3.Miguel Cotto at 147lbs

The three best were avoided in 2010
          1.Manny Pacquiao at 147lbs
          2.Paul Williams at 147-154lbs
          3.Sergio Martinez at 154lbs

The three best were avoided in 2011
          1.Sergio Martinez at 154lbs
          2.Manny Pacquiao at 147lbs
          3.Erislandy Lara at 154lbs

The three best were avoided in 2012
          2.Manny Pacquiao at 147lbs
          3.Erislandy Lara at 154lbs

The three best were avoided in 2013
          2.Erislandy Lara at 154lbs
          3.Manny Pacquiao at 147lbs

The three best are avoided in 2014
          1. Gennady Golovkin at 154lbs
          2. Erislandy Lara at 154lbs
          3. Manny Pacquiao at 147lbs

NSB goes full ****** when it comes to Floyd Mayweather. I mean look at this. You see posts like this daily and its hard to distinguish between troll posts and people who are so delusional that they believe their own BS.

And this guy could be the most knowledgeable boxing fan out there. But the topic of Floyd Mayweather turns Bert Sugar to Spoon23 for some reason.

How can you have Lara there for 4 years. He didn't beat Trout until 2013 and didn't fight Canelo until 2014
          Last edited by -PBP-; 11-14-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
            Diego Corrales.
            hahahahahahahahaha TS is like "and don't answer the question the way you should"

Bunch a ****ing clowns man, probably having salt and cereal for breakfast.

Corrales was ranked above Mayweather, Fact!

Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              The different levels of competition are the reason you can't apply the greatness label to GGG. If GGG had fought and defeated the caliber of talent Floyd did,you'd have a valid argument.

If anyone tried to argue Wilder was as great as GGG, you'd be saying the same thing to them as I am to you.
              The difference is Wilder had many options open to him but he isn't willing to take these options at his natural weight, he is stalling on the Povetkin fight for absolutely no reason...
              I like Wilder contrary to your feelings but Povetkin has been fighting the top guys all the top guys he could get his hands on and he's still waiting for his shot at the WBC belt, If Wilder was doing the same and Povetkin held the belt hostage to fighting crappy opponents I'd say the same.

GGG beats all his opponents much better than Floyd has done, you can try and paint a different picture all you want but one guy is going out there looking to hurt his opponent and give the KO that fans want to see and the other guy is just doing enough against guys like Maidana a guy we blatantly know IF there was a version of him at MW, GGG would KO him closest we'd have is possibly Murray but Murray is obviously more technically more sounder and better defensively I'm just matching those two up for their similiar chin and heart wise.

Comment

I don't see why that takes from Floyd's greatness.

Doesn't that mean that he's so good, that he's almost always been the favorite?

And Floyd has "Never fought anyone better than him"? Maybe that's because there ISN'T anyone better than him in this era. Then you list Ali and Leonard.

Ali had Frazier and Foreman. Leonard had Hearns, Benitez, Duran, and Hagler. Who did Floyd have other than Pacquiao?

And no, Tyson didn't "come out victorious" when he fought men better than him. He lost to Holyfield and Lewis.
                Last edited by VG_Addict; 11-14-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Prolly cause FM never fought an elite boxer in their prime except for JMM who was coming up at least 2 weight classes.
                  Last edited by ruedboy; 11-14-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    hahahahahahahahaha TS is like "and don't answer the question the way you should"

Bunch a ****ing clowns man, probably having salt and cereal for breakfast.

Corrales was ranked above Mayweather, Fact!

Deal with it.

Mayweather was a slight favourite in the fight. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      The difference is Wilder had many options open to him but he isn't willing to take these options at his natural weight, he is stalling on the Povetkin fight for absolutely no reason...
                      I like Wilder contrary to your feelings but Povetkin has been fighting the top guys all the top guys he could get his hands on and he's still waiting for his shot at the WBC belt, If Wilder was doing the same and Povetkin held the belt hostage to fighting crappy opponents I'd say the same.

GGG beats all his opponents much better than Floyd has done, you can try and paint a different picture all you want but one guy is going out there looking to hurt his opponent and give the KO that fans want to see and the other guy is just doing enough against guys like Maidana a guy we blatantly know IF there was a version of him at MW, GGG would KO him closest we'd have is possibly Murray but Murray is obviously more technically more sounder and better defensively I'm just matching those two up for their similiar chin and heart wise.
                      How old was Floyd when he fought maidana? At least wait until GGG is the same age and moved up before we know what he could do against the equivalent.

This isn't about like or dislike. Well it is for all the GGG diehards. For the rest of us, its a simple comparison of résumés.

Floyd's greatness is proven. Ggg's is assumed. Floyd could lose his next fight-he is still an unquestioned ATG and 1st ballot HOFer. Floyd could fight 5 times, lose all, his status will not change.

Can you say either for GGG? No.

GgG is much closer to Wilder than he is Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X