Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Floyd Mayweather fought an equal 1:1 counterpart?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time Floyd Mayweather fought an equal 1:1 counterpart?

Was there ever a time when Floyd fought someone at 1:1 odds?

Or, better yet, was he ever an "underdog" on the odds? I'm talking about both betting odds and reality.

Don't say Corrales-Mayweather because Mayweather was the slight favourite at the time. Diego Corrales +110. Floyd Mayweather Jr. -130

So, Mayweather has never ever been an "underdog" according to betting odds.

I would like to say this: I think Floyd is a great fighter, and is God gifted. But what would make him an ATG is if he fought someone as an "underdog" and beat him.
    Last edited by FLYBOY; 11-13-2015, 09:01 PM.

Diego Corrales.

Comment

Maybe the sign of his greatness is no one was favored to beat him. He was the underdog to corrales.

Comment

Corrales was the favorite to beat him. The guy was 33-0 with 30 knockouts and outweighed Floyd by nearly 20 pounds on fight night.

When you are considered the p4p best fighter in the world EVERYONE is the underdog against you.

Comment

Opponents that had large followings that said before the fight Floyd would get beat , Oscar Canelo Cotto Manny , early on the same deal with Corrales Castillo Hernandez and even Gatti to an extent , the entire body of work is very impressive when he fought guys out of prime he was also out of prime or giving weight away to them .

People like to talk like Floyd never fought a challenge with a chance to lose , he fought many and always found a way to win , you dont achieve and accomplish what he has and not be an ATG , I dont buy the TBE deal at all but there is no doubt the guy is the best of his era and a genuine ATG .

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
            Was there ever a time when Floyd fought someone at 1:1 odds?

Or, better yet, was he ever an "underdog" on the odds?

Seriously curious.

I would like to say this: I think Floyd is a great fighter, and is God gifted. But what would make him an ATG is if he fought someone as an "underdog" and beat him.
            A better question is, Why the hell are you continuing to rehash the same BS that has been said a thousand times about Floyd Mayweather after he has retired?

Comment

In terms of reality not betting?
              Pacquiao, Judah, Corrales

Comment

I'm not sure there is anyone who woulda been favored over him post Corrales (the only guy I recall him being a dog against too) when he was in their division.

If Oscar or Shane woulda fought Floyd when Floyd was calling them out maybe Oscar & Shane woulda been favored, but they were big dogs & Floyd was a small one so those fights didn't make $ sense at the time. For all the duck people talk with Paul Williams & Antonio Margarito I can't imagine Floyd woulda been the dog to either one. Maybe if Kostya Tszyu woulda kept winning he'd had been a favorite.

The reality is most of the guys who mighta been favored over him didn't wanna fight him til it made sense money wise or couldn't keep winning.

Comment

corrales or castillo

Comment

Floyd hater makes thread- supporters say
                    Why did you do this , he is retired, gosh.

Floyd supporter makes thread.floyd farted today, I wonder what floyds doing , I wonder what color floyd poop is this morning.

Tmt is fruity AF

Comment

Working...
                    X