Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: I Want Canelo, I'll Be Like an Animal For That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Canelo is too good defensively, too fast and sharp with his punches and he can fight well at multiple distances. Canelo can vary his attack, set traps and adapt mid fight. GGG gets hit too much by bums and was now just out boxed easily by a career brawler who has only been passed the 10th once his entire career. Now because he made GGG look bad Jacobs is some slickster? Nah just shows against someone with a little skills can take away his power and he has nothing to fall back on. Wait till the more skilled canelo takes him to deep waters...and then drowns him. Mark my words it will be target practice he will walk face first into a vicious counter or take too much abuse to the body and fold.
    Jacobs moves better and punches harder than Canelo ever did. Golovkin still out jabbed him. Never looked in trouble or like folding, but smaller Canelo who couldn't stop Cotto folds Golovkin up? No chance.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I watched it on Boxnation in the UK. I got the impression that the BN colour commentator, Barry Jones, who was scoring it round by round, saw the whole fight in terms of GGG's power punches and aggression vs Jacobs' jab and movement.

As a result, he didn't give Golovkin's jab the credit it deserved, and that skewed his scoring in Danny's favour.

Imo, a lot of other people commenting here made that same mistake.

Canelo can't move like Jacobs and he doesn't have the height and reach advantage Danny has over Golovkin. Styles make fights. Canelo might give GGG problems, but they would be different problems than the ones Danny gave him, that's for sure.
      Thanks for not being belligerent.

I respect your opinion but unfortunately I didn't see much of any power punching from Golovkin. The British guys generally favor activity. And the hbo guys generally favor the money fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
        Very smart breakdown! I totally agree with you but I facto something else.

Canelo's is a more sturdy guy than Jacobs, and I honestly think that GGG would be more open and careless against Canelo than he was against Jacobs.
        So he's gonna punish Canelo but he's gonna eat more punishment also, don't forget Canelo loves to go to the body too.
        I like canelos body punching and I feel like he has a high ring iq. I feel like he'll have to take a decent amount of punishment to get to the body consistently. If he puts the body work in early and doesn't get knocked out he has an excellent chance. That's a big if. I also think he'll be much faster. And G doesn't handle speed well. the key to neutralizing g is not letting him get anything but the jab. He was clearly discouraged which is something no ones seen before. I think canelo has a great jab but I think Golovkin as is better. Im not sure he can avoid the right but if he does he can do it. I don't think Lemieux is a good test. Lemieux will only prove if canelo can take a punch. He should fight Murray Andy Lee or somebody tall with a jab to get a better feelin of how he'll do against Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
          As if Canelo has any of the attributes that made Jacobs difficult for GGG. He's much taller, longer armed, bigger puncher and better footwork and footspeed than Canelo. Plus Golovkin managed to out jab a younger bigger quicker fighter than Canelo the whole fight. People who don't box think Golovkin has no defence because they don't know how many shots he catches on the gloves. If hes defence was as bad as you lot think it is he'd be marked up and shook up. What sort of skin do you think he has. Do you think he has an iron head. He doesn't take most of those shots.Jacobs is bigger and better than all of the guys you named. If you are right and Golovkins such a goalkeeper how can he be a *****s walking forward through all this punishment? You cant have it both ways. I hate so called fans who call fighters *****s. It's pathetic. Go try doing what they do. As for Sanchez, I'll give you that one. Still hardly Golovkins fault that he's an idiot.

Pussie g got outboxed and was made to look silly. Jacobs wasn't throwing super hard shots all the time he was eating up his body and throwing nice jabs moving around. He also was smart switching from orthodox to southpaw which really confused lil g.

Jacobs fought an excellent fight and controlled the ring and the fight was fought in a Jacobs manner which for the majority of the rounds he had the ring generalship.

Jacobs won this fight and the gig is up on lil g. The judges fuucked up but what else is new in boxing. Bradley's face wasn't messed up in the first Pacquiao fight but he still got his ass whooped and lost that fight period.

pussie g lost the fight and was benefited a gift decision. Now back to Canelo, Canelo is even younger than Jacobs, with stupid power and some serious combinations.

pussie g is a come forward fighter with horrible speed and so forth. The gig is up on pussie g. He looked horrible against Brook, he lost this fight with Jacobs, Jermell Charlo would fuuck pussie up, I would put serious money on that fight, I garuantee YOU!! Pussie g doesn't mention fighting Jermell Charlo under any circumstances.

Canelo would win, and if it goes to the scorecard especially if the fight is in away way Canelo showed all the mistakes that Jacobs did Canelo is NOT losing a decision YOU and I both know that.

If Canelo did what Jacobs did last night Canelo would have got the victory and 90% of the people would have not complained about the decision. No more bums for pussie g! His first legit test and he looked horrible, especially all the hype he receives.

Comment

Starving animals know when to actually appreciate a nice plethora of food if offered. #15mil

Comment

nutjob

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
              No matter how the judges saw it, it's Jacobs who won this fight. I have it 115-112 for jacobs. I'm a GGG fan. But no way he won that fight
              what fight did you watch..or you forgot to put your glasses on.

Comment

Lmao .. Golovkin wins a unanimous decision, his 18th consecutive world title defence .. against the man you fools were saying was going to KO him .. he got exposed doe .. bwahaha!

bu .. bu .. bu ... money doe .. PPVs doe ... 97k doe ...
                Kmsl

Regular belts don't count....sorry bruh

Stop reaching. He has no record nor is he close to one.

Monzons record is the gold standard...lineal

Hopkins the silver standard....20 IBF defenses

GGG has the bronze package...ibo, regular and super defenses combined lol....laughable

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
                  You seem to think GGG is poor. His networth is actually pretty high and even without canelo he will be a very very rich man after retirement
                  Correct, he makes millions from his endorsers along with many perks. Him and his family are set for life now.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Kmsl

Regular belts don't count....sorry bruh

Stop reaching. He has no record nor is he close to one.

Monzons record is the gold standard...lineal

Hopkins the silver standard....20 IBF defenses

GGG has the bronze package...ibo, regular and super defenses combined lol....laughable
                    Luckily for Monzon and Hagler they didn't have 4 sanctioning orgs, each with multiple world title belts in every division, to contend with.

They just had to keep proving they were the best 160lb fighter in the world by beating every contender who stepped up to them, which is exactly what GGG has been doing since 2010.

Comment

Luckily for Monzon and Hagler they didn't have 4 sanctioning orgs, each with multiple world title belts in every division, to contend with.

They just had to keep proving they were the best 160lb fighter in the world by beating every contender who stepped up to them, which is exactly what GGG has been doing since 2010.
                      In 7 years since he beat the #1 contender.....not legendary stuff bro

Lemieux is top 5

Geale was on the slide just lost to Barker but was still highly regarded. Cotto smashed him right after...

He finally beat a top middleweight...

Comment

Working...
                      X