Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder v. Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder smashes Wlad's glass jaw all over the ring, and the ref waves it off in the sixth. Vitali climbs into the ring in a rage, trying to argue with the referee. A brawl breaks out and Vitali crumples to the canvas from a savage right hand to the temple from Deontay. Both Klitschko Sisters have been destroyed in the same night. Joe Cortez has suffered a broken nose and Larry Merchant has to be taken away in a stretcher. Another sensational victory by The Bronze Bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      You're a big fan of Marciano and Wilder. Two of the least skilled HW title holders in history. You picked a LHW Marciano to beat Wlad ffs, Marciano has a shorter reach than Canelo.
      I'm also like far and away the single most knowledgeable poster on the forum and it ain't even close.

Why should I care about assumptions that are only shared by ignorant fans who are historically and scientifically clueless, but, still have a strong opinion and emotions enough to feel the need to express it?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Wlad's a bad posture fighter, it's not even a hard fight for Deontay.

Robotic = made for the KO.
        I'm also like far and away the single most knowledgeable poster on the forum and it ain't even close.
        The Dunning Kruger effect:

"In 2011, David Dunning wrote about his observations that people with substantial, measurable deficits in their knowledge or expertise lack the ability to recognize those deficits and, therefore, despite potentially making error after error, tend to think they are performing competently when they are not: "In short, those who are incompetent, for lack of a better term, should have little insight into their incompetence—an assertion that has come to be known as the Dunning–Kruger effect" In 2014, Dunning and Helzer described how the Dunning–Kruger effect "suggests that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings in their performance"

Assesment of personal competence in relation to a topic depending on experience and actual knowledge:

Your deluded belief that knowing a lot about the history of boxing - and designing prosthetic limbs - makes you an expert in every facet of the sport as a whole is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

You literally don't know enough about boxing to realise how sketchy your knowledge actually is. You are at the peak of Mount Stupid. The first step on the path back down is to stop telling people, especially yourself, how smart and knowledgeable you are.

Comment

Wlad's a bad posture fighter, it's not even a hard fight for Deontay.

Robotic = made for the KO.
          That's what Deontay thought in sparring, thought he'd teach Klitschko to show him some respect and tried to beat him up, Klitschko got irritated and sparked him out cold.

That's why Wilder never fought Klitschko.

Comment

Its a shame we have to talk about this like it is some fantasy match up when the only thing stopping that fight actually happening was Wilder and his team. That beating he gave Wilder in that training camp put an end to that though, Finkel shat pebbles so much he ever referred Wilder as a "BABY".

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
              Its a shame we have to talk about this like it is some fantasy match up when the only thing stopping that fight actually happening was Wilder and his team. That beating he gave Wilder in that training camp put an end to that though, Finkel shat pebbles so much he ever referred Wilder as a "BABY".
              That's a bunch of hogwash. By the time Wilder won his title in 2015 Klitschko was already on the decline. He had struggled to defend his title against a game but overmatched and limited Bryant Jennings in a close fight and then subsequently lost his next bout to Tyson Fury.

In addition, according to Wladimir's own trainer he said that Wilder more than held his own against Klitschko. However, he did confirm the rumors that Deontay was indeed dropped by Klitschko in sparring but not knocked out.

Then have Klitschko come out of retirement now so that the "Bronze Bomber can knock him the spark out just like Anthony Joshua did but much quicker and in a more devastating fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
                That's what Deontay thought in sparring, thought he'd teach Klitschko to show him some respect and tried to beat him up, Klitschko got irritated and sparked him out cold.

That's why Wilder never fought Klitschko.
                I could argue with you if you like bud, but, you're talking about 2012-2015 Wilder.

A guy who was so good at posture fighting he had to use points boxing to beat Bermane comfortably.

If you can't see the difference between him then and now you need to learn some more boxing techniques before you go running that ****sucker.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                The Dunning Kruger effect:

"In 2011, David Dunning wrote about his observations that people with substantial, measurable deficits in their knowledge or expertise lack the ability to recognize those deficits and, therefore, despite potentially making error after error, tend to think they are performing competently when they are not: "In short, those who are incompetent, for lack of a better term, should have little insight into their incompetence—an assertion that has come to be known as the Dunning–Kruger effect" In 2014, Dunning and Helzer described how the Dunning–Kruger effect "suggests that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings in their performance"

Assesment of personal competence in relation to a topic depending on experience and actual knowledge:

Your deluded belief that knowing a lot about the history of boxing - and designing prosthetic limbs - makes you an expert in every facet of the sport as a whole is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

You literally don't know enough about boxing to realise how sketchy your knowledge actually is. You are at the peak of Mount Stupid. The first step on the path back down is to stop telling people, especially yourself, how smart and knowledgeable you are.

We can all do that bud, you've cognitive dissonance brought on by the halo effect.

Look it there, y'all ain't even need all that condescension to do it.

We can all be wrong bubba, but clearly you're cutting me up out of context and you know why you're doing it. I was clearly alluding to the fact that I may know something Robbie doesn't that would explain why I am a fan of two of the crudest HW champions of all time.

They are the crudest and my knowledge bank is the largest here....

It's meant to beg the juxtaposition. If you didn't catch that your an idiot. If you did you're just being a dick to be a dick. So....uh **** you buddy.

If you want to attack my arrogance do it, but this ****, waste of both our times and you're lucky I entertained the post.

The reason I like Wilder and Marciano is because they represent past boxing in a filmed era. I was alluding, dumbass.

Comment

Wlad is long retired, over 40, and has a glass jaw.

Wilder would smoke him at this point.

Maybe in his prime Wlad could've protected that chin with his jab and clinch, but Wilder is just as big and much faster.

Comment

Why should I care about assumptions that are only shared by ignorant fans who are historically and scientifically clueless, but, still have a strong opinion and emotions enough to feel the need to express it?

That's what I like to see, man.

How's about you get yourself on the Pick Em and we'll put that confidence to the test. We're 4 fights in but since nearly everyone picked J-Rock and Hart FTW you really wouldn't be sarting that far behind.

We can do a points bet on you coming in ahead of me (minus the points I've already accrued if you like) or you ranking in the top 5 at the end of year or whatever else you choose... what you reckon, man, just a lil fun to spice the year up a bit?

I'll be putting up the thread for this weeks fights later on this eve if you want in.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      That's a bunch of hogwash. By the time Wilder won his title in 2015 Klitschko was already on the decline. He had struggled to defend his title against a game but overmatched and limited Bryant Jennings in a close fight and then subsequently lost his next bout to Tyson Fury.

In addition, according to Wladimir's own trainer he said that Wilder more than held his own against Klitschko. However, he did confirm the rumors that Deontay was indeed dropped by Klitschko in sparring but not knocked out.

Then have Klitschko come out of retirement now so that the "Bronze Bomber can knock him the spark out just like Anthony Joshua did but much quicker and in a more devastating fashion.
                      Easy to say that when it never happened, although it could of happened and Winkle did call Wilder a baby but the closest they came was sparring and as you said it was Wilder who got put down.

Comment

Working...
                      X