Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Zab Judah have dominated the era with better conditioning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And like a lot of fast/powerful guys, his tactics weren't as strong because he was usually always the more physically talented fighter. And those guys often use their offence as their defence so they are leaky in that area.

Comment

Judah ain't dominating any era lol

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Exactly.

Zab has a lot of talent but not much skills or IQ. That's what let him down.
        Yep. One thing I would never question is his conditioning. He was always shredded and in top shape.

Comment

Boxing is more mental than physical. Anyone can get in shape, mental fortitude though is what separates the fighters. The top guys just won't fade, Zab was too weak mentally, didn't last long till he receded into a shell when someone didn't fold.

Comment

no, but maybe with a heart transplant?

Comment

zab was always in shape, atleast he looks like it to me. its his heart that lets him down. zab is like a bully. if you let him bullied you, then he looks great. but as soon as you fight back, then he folds.

Comment

Judah was beating Floyd until he gassed out

that was the moment when Floyd decided to duck any fast fighters in the future

Floyd fought nothing but tailor made slowpokes until he had to face an injured Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                  He dominated most of his opponents in the early rounds and always seemed to fade near the middle rounds. Would better conditioning have helped him beat Floyd?
                  judah was unfortunate enough to fight in an era where 147 was stacked and he was too small there...his power wasnt as potent and he didnt throw a high volume...had he stayed at 140 i think he'd have been more successful.

guys like Vivian Harris, Hurtado, Mitchell, Ndou, uRANGO and other titlist of the 2000s were wnnable fights.

Comment

Boxing is a sport where you can't call a time out or send in a sub. No way to stop your opponents momentum or for a fighter to regroup. Zab was an excellent athlete but he seemed to give up too easily.
                    Better conditioning can't hurt, but even there it's the athlete whose willing to not give in to pain, who achieves the highest fitness level.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      Yep. One thing I would never question is his conditioning. He was always shredded and in top shape.
                      I also don't think his heart is as bad as people say.

Yeah he's folded at times but if you look at his fights against Spinks, Cotto and Garcia as quick examples he shows a lot of heart.

He's just a mental midget. All style and no substance.

Comment

Working...
                      X