Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ruiz Confirm Deal Nearly Finalized To Face Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But but but but...Al Haymon doe..Blocks fights doe..Doesn't work with other promoters doe. Doe doe doe...DOE....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      Joshua's going to get Dimitrenko'd.

WAAAAAAAAAAR ANDY!!!!!
      Can you imagine it, Ruiz versus Breazale for all the marbles?

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post
        100%, 5 million would be taken with out a blink. He must be kicking himself in the ass.
        Honestly I've always really liked Ortiz as a boxer (I like lefties and technical boxers, and he can punch as well) but I have no real sympathy for guys that cheat like that. But yeah he must be kicking himself as you said.

Sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if any boxer gets popped for PEDs these days. Only boxers who would surprise me a little bit are GGG and maybe some of the Ukrainians or Bivol; they are the only ones I can think of who have had consistent physiques year in and year out and don't really seem to me to have the PED body type.

I'm sure a lot of guys are clean and who knows some of those guys may be dirty lol. But every other week now a random 'big name' guy tests positive for something for the first time it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
          hearn offered a 500k fighter... $7mil!!!! Thats 14 times his biggest purse. Thats 500k more then miller was gonna get. For once everyone can unanimously agree that fight not happening is no fault of team joshua/hearn
          One, Ortiz is easily the number 4 HW behind the big three. He has already fought for a title. Miller hadn't done that. Two, you bring up Ortiz's 500k against Wilder. Do you know that Millers biggest purse was 527k vs Adamek and that was won on a purse bid. So there is no way in the world you can justify giving one guy who earned 527k 6.5 million in Miller but turn around a say Ortiz doesn't deserve it. Three, are you aware of the NY taxes? They are insane. Ortiz asked for 10 million. But when everything cleared out, he was probably going to take home around 5 million. Miller was getting 6.5. After everything cleared out he wss probaly going to walk with 2-2.5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba K View Post
            Not interested...won't follow. Shoulda made Ortiz a better offer, wouldve added DAZN subscribers (including me)
            No it would not, and the proof is you, you made an account just to b¿tch and moan and cry about DAZN, besides your broke @ss can't even afford $20 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              GGG vs. Steve ROLLS is the WORST ive seen in a LONG Time.

GGG P4P top 5 most rankings.

Steve Rolls P4P 1,306 Boxingrec.
              It is a terrible fight - we know who the other top guys are at MW and no one has ever put Rolls on that list. I hate when divisions get lined up with talent and the top guys aren't almost purely fighting each other. But to their credit at MW, they are mostly fighting each other so hopefully that continues.

The only selling point to Rolls is similar to what Wade's was as GGG's mandatory - 'this guy has a 0, he had a good amateur career, maybe....' lol.

I'm not saying Rolls is great at all - I've only seen clips of him and read a little about him. But I can't imagine he is really 110!! at MW. That's crazy lol, true or not. He seems to have been a good amateur and I notice Leatherwood and Nicholson's names on his resume, and Nicholson is apparently rated at 48 at SMW.

But yeah I will be glad when that fight is done and hopefully GGG's next few fights are against Andrade, Canelo and another top guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                I agree. The other fights are nowhere near this match up. This is why I dont blame fighters for thinking rosk vs reward. GGG complained about not getting his shot but as soon as he becomes a draw, he ducks the same type of low risk reward. I'm not talking bad about GGG, i just knew he'd do the same thing when put in that position. They all do it.

It's always about the money, which is fine . Just quit lying about Legacy and belts. No justifying Rolls when there are others out there to fight. Out of all people, I figure the ones who claim to have been ducked, would only fight top 5. Worse match so far
                Yep, at a certain point I think it is hard for these guys to purely focus on legacy, when they know that a tough fight or loss could derail and possibly end their career, and then the money dries up.

I am hopeful GGG has a few good fights left in him before he retires and will be glad when this one gets done and over with. I don't know if Andrade or Charlo is really on the top level at MW - will be interested to see how Andrade does against Sulecki as a test.

But hopefully GGG's next few fights are with the other top guys at MW, and with most of those guys with DAZN, that should happen. I just hope GGG can stay healthy for those fights so he can have a few big non-Canelo fights to end his career.

Comment

Okay but confirming something is NEARLY finalized is not really confirming much.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    Cashing out Mr. Ruiz I see.
                    Yup. Anyone who’s ever dreamed of being HW champion, and having a chance to fight the HW champ is “cashing out”

****ing idiot.

Comment

AJ can win this on his jab alone. Way too tall. Ruiz will struggle to land a shot. AJ will finish him in the 5th to 7th round with a deadly combo.

Comment

Working...
                      X