• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    Prime guy with speed= Khan
    Prime guy with power= Matthysse

He fought both. What are you saying?
    He was getting tagged up before he caught Khan. Hence, why the rematch is out of the question...mandatory status aside.

Likewise, before the "phantom punch" that swelled up Matts' eye, Danny was getting lit up......and no desire for a rematch of that fight either. I can understand the viewpoint of, because you won the first time, there is no need for a rematch; but from a monetary standpoint, which is obviously where Danny Boy is at currently, these two fights would provide for the highest monetary reward possible, yet he and his dad want nothing to do with either.

Kinda strange imo.

Comment

Garcia's power was enough to stop Guerrero dead in his tracks from rounds 6-11.

Comment

His perfect punch is the left hook to the neck. The problem is finding guys with vulnerable necks.
        Last edited by deanrw; 01-24-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          He was getting tagged up before he caught Khan. Hence, why the rematch is out of the question...mandatory status aside.

Likewise, before the "phantom punch" that swelled up Matts' eye, Danny was getting lit up......and no desire for a rematch of that fight either. I can understand the viewpoint of, because you won the first time, there is no need for a rematch; but from a monetary standpoint, which is obviously where Danny Boy is at currently, these two fights would provide for the highest monetary reward possible, yet he and his dad want nothing to do with either.

Kinda strange imo.
          So? You're argument was Garcia never fought a guy in his prime with speed and a guy in his prime with power. And I gave you two names who were under those two categories. Now the argument is, he was getting beat before something occurred? Look, it's Danny Garcia. If you watch any of his fights, you will learn that he will always get busted up. Especially in the early rounds. I expect that from Danny Garcia. I like his vulnerabilities. I like the fact that he's not the fastest guy, or the strongest guy. His ability is his timing. So yeah, he's going to get his ass whooped for the first couple rounds but eventually, he will figure out the timing. He's a good basic fighter who is not super great in any one category but good in all categories. That's what I like about Danny and that's what makes him and Khan different. Khan has super great speed. Danny has a little bit of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
            Garcia landed a fair number of bombs and Guerrero walked through everything, yeah Guerrero is tough, but he is a blown up featherweight. He doesn't last 12 with a true power puncher landing those types of shots.
            Nobody 5'8 1/2 who walks around at like 175 is a blown up featherweight, Guerrero just isn't genetically the type of who who gets a 6 pack from training.
            Last edited by Science; 01-25-2016, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              That massive right hand shook Guerrero to the core...how he stayed standing, i don't know.
              that's what i saw. guerrero took that shot like a man.

Comment

Guerrero has a great chin but Garcia's power is good not great. Everybody's power looks great against a powderpuff like Khan.

Comment

Garcia is a hype machine who will need to be protected and carried throughout his career. They will shelter him from a prime guy with speed or a prime guy with power, otherwise the ugly truth will be too glaring to cover it up.
                  I agree.

Soon as he fights a prime guy with speed or a prime guy with power the ugly truth will come out.

Stick him in there with Khan or Matthysse and he's doomed.

Anyway I thought you said Guererro was going to beat him?

Comment

Kinda strange imo.
                    Right ok so what you mean to say is he fought one of the fastest fighters in the world and one of the the hardest punchers in the world both in their prime and you've got excuses for both.

Comment

He actually used his right hand pretty well, an improvement on what he did with Malinaggi

Comment

Working...
                      X