Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF @ Garcia's "power"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia is a hype machine who will need to be protected and carried throughout his career. They will shelter him from a prime guy with speed or a prime guy with power, otherwise the ugly truth will be too glaring to cover it up.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      His power has always been somewhat overrated. Khan is easy to hurt and very slow to recover. He knocked down Matthysse because Matthysse couldn't see many of the punches with his damaged eye. He KO percentage is just over half which isn't bad but the big punchers are usually 70 percent or better. He failed to knock down Peterson, Herrera or Guerrero and his power seems no better than average at 147.
      He shoved Matts into the ropes so that he was trapped behind the top rope and they just ruled it a KD, like they didn't call even one of his many illegal lowblow punches either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
        Is he even going to hurt anyone at a world level other than Khan and Salsa? It's becoming a joke now. Even Floyd had people hurt late in his career, but Garcia couldn't even hurt Paulie of all people.

Thurman and Aron ****ing Martinez had Guerrero on the floor but this overrated power guy can't even get a stumble or anything out of him.

One Time, Special One, and the new motivated Desert Storm all retire this overhyped bum via TKO.
        Garcias body shots definitely hurt and slowed down Guerrero. Does he still have the power that he had at 140? I don't know, it will take him time to grow into the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
          I'm shocked Thurman never stopped him. Then again Thurman went 12 with Bundu.
          I forgot about that fight. I think Thurman hits a bit harder than Garcia, but to me his power is also over rated. Bundu is a tough dude, as is Guerrero.

It would be hard to imagine Guerrero lasting 12 with De La Hoya, Mosely or Trinidad at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            He shoved Matts into the ropes so that he was trapped behind the top rope and they just ruled it a KD, like they didn't call even one of his many illegal lowblow punches either.

That Matthysse knockdown does look sketchy.

Comment

Paulie and Guerrero have good chins. They never been laid out cold.

Also after the knockdowns Guerrero gets up and continues trying to win. Don't know where the TS is going with this argument.

Indeed when a fighter goes up in weight their power most of the time is not as effective

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                That Matthysse knockdown does look sketchy.
                Angel said his son pissed blood for two weeks, doe...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Angel said his son pissed blood for two weeks, doe...
                  Damn. Ouch. Haha.

Comment

I feel his power is overrated somewhat. I also don't imagine it will carry up as well in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Garcia is a hype machine who will need to be protected and carried throughout his career. They will shelter him from a prime guy with speed or a prime guy with power, otherwise the ugly truth will be too glaring to cover it up.
                      Prime guy with speed= Khan
                      Prime guy with power= Matthysse

He fought both. What are you saying?

Comment

Working...
                      X