No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson vs. Andrzej Fonfara Rematch on June 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
    According to Your views Fonfara was a dangerous opponent for Stevenson, but suddenly he's no longer a decent quality opponent for Stevenson optional defense; you guys must get your minds right. Due to Fonrara's loss by overconfidence, Smith choice was indeed first, but his team negotiations terms were unrealistic. So the sideline benching boxer named Monaghan came out of the blue, right before Fonfara finished Dawson.
    Depending fans point of view, Fonfaras' name has a higher reputation than Monaghan, and seeing that Fonfara can no longer try to dictate the percentage of the purse, an agreement between him and Stevenson presented itself as a piece of cake for Haymon. Just an easy inhouse matchup for team PBC.
    You & I think Smith is much more deserving of this opportunity + it's a better story, but his team f*cxed it up. Trying to play that popular silly game of trashing Stevenson name, just to artificially crank up Smith notoriety.

And about Showtime & Stevenson, lets check the reality of things. Stevenson is the lineal WBC champ, Stevenson is with Haymon, Haymon is with Showtime, Showtime is related to other affiliate channels like SpikeTV. Stevenson-Haymon-Michel wants to maximize the revenues, and Kathy Duva was playing a weird game screeming the failure of negotiations, as soon as Stevensons' camp opens their mouth to begin the procedure of negotiation. Don't get lost in this story by being too emotional, time don't change facts.
    Why didn't Stevenson rematch him immediately? Instead he waited and waited for Fonfara to be stopped in ONE ROUND... ONE FKIN ROUND. Instead of fighting the guy who beat Fonfara, he goes and fights Fonfara after being stopped. Stevenson is a joke just milking that belt he has. He is a product of good timing with some ducking thrown in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Kovalev v. Pascal II
      you're right, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
        According to Your views Fonfara was a dangerous opponent for Stevenson, but suddenly he's no longer a decent quality opponent for Stevenson optional defense; you guys must get your minds right.
        This ain't complicated at all if you ain't trying to be dense & argumentative over minor points. Let me break it down in a more simplistic way I guess.

Fonfara was a legit guy to fight when Adonis first fought him.

Fonfara was a legit guy to fight up til the Joe Smith fight.

Fonfara no longer a legit guy to fight when he gets KTFO by Joe Smith.

Adonis signs to fight him post-Joe Smith. '

This is boxing. Things change on a dime all the time.

Due to Fonrara's loss by overconfidence
        It doesn't matter why he lost. He lost. He can regain his standing, but not via one fight vs a guy many have been saying was done since before Ward fought him & most have been saying was done after Ward.

You & I think Smith is much more deserving of this opportunity + it's a better story, but his team f*cxed it up.
        Again this isn't that complicated. Mr. Smith are you down to fight Adonis or not? If the answer is no you keep it moving. There are PLENTY of second tier top 10ish guys out there to fight. Adonis just doesn't wanna fight them &/or GYM &/or Haymon don't wanna risk him losing before he gets a big fight. Idk why, but CLEARLY someone on Adonis' team if not & including Adonis don't want him to fight any meaningful opponent.

And fair play if they are just waiting in the weeds for a big money grab fight, but I can't ignore that they are waiting in the weeds for big names. If you wanna come up with excuses for the last 18 months you & I have been talking about this fair play to you, but I'm not into believing bs.

Trying to play that popular silly game of trashing Stevenson name, just to artificially crank up Smith notoriety.
        Adonis has trashed his own name. You can't fight bs guys & except non-fanboys to ignore whats going on.

And this has nothing to do with Joe Smith.

And about Showtime & Stevenson, lets check the reality of things. Stevenson is the lineal WBC champ, Stevenson is with Haymon, Haymon is with Showtime, Showtime is related to other affiliate channels like SpikeTV.
        At this point plenty of Haymon guys have fought on HBO. There is no reason Adonis can't to. The guys he allegedly wants to fight can't sell a f#cking PPV over 200k. Neither of the top fights at 175 are Floyd money type fights.

Stevenson-Haymon-Michel wants to maximize the revenues, and Kathy Duva was playing a weird game
        Oh yea I got no doubt Adonis & his team are trying to maximize money. Thats exactly what I'm saying they are trying to do by taking no risk or lil risk fights. He's still going to need to go over to HBO or wait a few more years doe so they better figure sh^t out.

And Duva is a f#cking dummy. All she knows is weird games. Who cares. Again there are more people to fight besides Main Event fighters.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-10-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
          Pascal vs Alvarez is being rumored on the undercard in an article by Réjean Tremblay today in the local newspaper. Bear in ming that Réjean Tremblay is the journalist whose the most on the Quebec boxing scene

Also, for those who might think that Yvon Michel is "jerking around" Alvarez once more, just like vs Bute, Alvarez is gambling on himself to cash out twice, once vs Pascal and vs Stevenson (I'll assume that Stevenson beats Fonfara).
          Truth is no one is buying a Stevenson/ Alvarez fight anytime soon... I guess Michel/GYM do all they can to give him some good paydays for being a good soldier... I highly doubt Alvarez believes in his own chances for a title anyway.. Fact is I think Fonfara or Pascal would probably overcome him as well...

Comment

WTF??? Nobody wants to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Fonfara was a legit guy to fight when Adonis first fought him. Fonfara was a legit guy to fight up til the Joe Smith fight. Fonfara no longer a legit guy to fight when he gets KTFO by Joe Smith. He can regain his standing, but not via one fight vs a guy many have been saying was done since before Ward fought him & most have been saying was done after Ward. I think Smith is much more deserving of this opportunity + its a better story.
              Again this isn't that complicated. Mr. Smith are you down to fight Adonis or not? If the answer is no you keep it moving. There are PLENTY of second tier top 10ish guys out there to fight.
              Good job man, you may discribe the situation with a global point of view, which seems to match the general vision most fans have about Stevensons matchmaking. But as you mentionned, lets try to be dense & argumentative over minor points. Humm! If I follow your discussion the problem is not Sean Monaghan or Joe Smith, the problem is: "Why they match Adonis Stevenson against Andrzej Fonfara instead of a second tier top 10ish guys out there?"

I'll check Boxrec, to see the list of meaningful opponent Stevenson could have fought before he committed to give Fonfara his revenge.
              World rank 04 Joe Smith Jr = Smiths' negotiations terms were unrealistic
              World rank 05 Eleider Alvarez = Mandatory, but will fight Jean Pascal on 06/03/2017
              World rank 06 Oleksandr Gvozdyk = Jumped from rank 11 to 06 After defeading Yunieski Gonzalez on 04/08/2017
              World rank 09 Andrzej Fonfara = Settlement to fight Adonis Stevenson signed since 04/06/2017
              World rank 10 Artur Beterbiev = Available, no scheduled opponent
              World rank 11 Marcus Browne = Available, no scheduled opponent
              World rank 12 Sullivan Barrera = Declined proposition to fight Artur Beterbiev, settlement to fight Paul Parker on 04/15/2017.
              BTW, I didn't add rank 08 Cleverly, which was beaten by both Bellew and Fonfara. Nor rank 07 Pascal, which was pounded twice by a Kov and once by Yunieski Gonzalez.

Paying close attention to the details of every element of this issue makes the difference between "WHAT SEEMS" to be the situation and "WHAT IS" the reality. Therefore, if you guys check the Boxrec world ranking; What's wrong about Stevenson making a rematch against Fonfara after Smith's team disagreement, I know Cleverly (08) was available, but really. Anyhow, by pointing out minor details we must take in consideration the WBC ranking, which is another indicator about who should be next to fight Adonis Stevenson.

WBC Ranking FEB 2017, to see another list of meaningful opponent Stevenson could have fought before he committed to give Fonfara his revenge.
              1. Eleider Alvarez (Colombia) SILVER
              2. Sergey Kovalev (Russia)
              3. Joe Smith Jr. (US) INTL
              4. Badou Jack (Gambia/Sweden)
              5. Artur Beterbiev (Russia)
              6. Oleksandr Gvozdyk (Ukraine) NABF
              7. Lucian Bute (Canada)
              8. Sullivan Barrera (Cuba) USNBC
              9. Andrzej Fonfara (Poland)
              10. Sean Monaghan (US) AMERICA

In that list, Badou Jack, Artur Beterbiev, Sullivan Barrera, Andrzej Fonfara & Sean Monaghan were the available ones. Barrera will fight on 04/15/2017, which means you have Artur Beterbiev & Andrzej Fonfara as legit opponents. Beterbiev has the same promoter and advisor as Adonis Stevenson, which means it's better to have 2 champions instead of one, right! But after trimming down that list, Who's name was left for an optional bout?
              *Yes you got it = Andrzej Fonfara
              I know the most concerned of you would rather see Stevenson match up with Smith, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Browne or maybe Barrera. You know the ish about team Smith, you already know the deal with Beterbiev (You never wonder why Beterbiev never call Stevenson out). For Ward and Kovalev, even with the Green Belt on the line, Stevenson was way too risky for their assets. About Gvozdyk, dude was in process of fighting Gonzalez; and Browne is rated 2 position after Fonfara, all listings.
              Now, I think you guys can see the difference between "WHAT SEEMS" to be the situation and "WHAT IS" the reality. Did you ever wonder why, when Stevenson smashes his opposition, the emotive crowd automatically jumps to the conclusion, the rival was just a bum. It's because as Mayweather, most of you guys wants to see him loose. In reality, your subconscious perceives Stevenson as a threatening predator, someone you must contribute to bring down, in order to hopes he fails to take the 3 other belts, YOU ALL KNOW, he can Easily grab if they make the error to grant him access to the Undisputed matchup.

Comment

Working...
              X