No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
    Duran actually got into the ring with bigger, stronger, faster and younger great fighters throughout his career. When did you ever see Floyd step to the ring without every advantage imaginable (even the damn gloves)? You're calling the wrong guy a "bytch."
    I guess you weren't following boxing in 2007 when he fought DLH and refused to fight Floyd at 147, chose the size of the gloves and the size of the ring....damn newbies....Mayweather had to earn his way like everyone else.....Also he fought Gatti in his hometown in Atlantic City, first ppv and was fighjting an inferior fighter who most likely took more money in than him....it took years for dude to get where he is

Also you do realize that he has been in the ring with guys that outweighed him by 10+ pounds on fight night.....Cotto, Maidana, Castillo 2x, DLH....YOU SIR DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT BOXING

Comment

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
      Mayweather would never quit on his stool like a bytch. Duran is not a warrior like Floyd.
      A warrior like Floyd lmao Duran went to MW and beat the **** of Iran Barkely Mayweather couldn't carry Duran's spit bucket !

This is the same guy who retired for two years to avoid guys !! Your right Duran is not the warrior Durran is !! I mean he also avoided a midget of five years ! They are cut from different clothes Duran is cut from steel Floyd is cut from satin sheets !
      Last edited by imperial1; 10-28-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• At 135 lbs Duran was a force of nature, relentless intimidating with one punch knockout power. So at lightweight, he's got a good claim for being TBE. When he moved up to welterweight he was still a good fighter but not the fighter he was at 135.
        Floyd has a good claim to being best of this era but unfortunately its a mediocre era. IMO As for TBE, would FM fight at lightweight or welterweight. He probably has more of a claim at 135, but Duran is just too good at lightweight for Floyd.
        At welter, I think of good 147 lb fighters like Ray Leonard, Donald Curry, Mike McCallum, Milt McCrory etc and I see FM having trouble with all these fighters cause they were legitimate welterweights who could overcome one of the main advantages of FM , his long reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
          At 135 lbs Duran was a force of nature, relentless intimidating with one punch knockout power. So at lightweight, he's got a good claim for being TBE. When he moved up to welterweight he was still a good fighter but not the fighter he was at 135.
          Floyd has a good claim to being best of this era but unfortunately its a mediocre era. IMO As for TBE, would FM fight at lightweight or welterweight. He probably has more of a claim at 135, but Duran is just too good at lightweight for Floyd.
          At welter, I think of good 147 lb fighters like Ray Leonard, Donald Curry, Mike McCallum, Milt McCrory etc and I see FM having trouble with all these fighters cause they were legitimate welterweights who could overcome one of the main advantages of FM , his long reach.
          good post man.

With Mayweather its not just his reach..... unusually long, sure..... but its how he uses it, and gets the best out of it..... its that package of footwork and ringIQ..... plus his technique/precision..... plus the length advantage.

There have been plenty of tall/long fighters. Most historians think he would match up with those guys you mentioned, I would tend to agree.

Comment

• I agree with you, that it's more then reach that makes Floyd the fighter he is.
            My problem with Floyd at welterweight is the opposition he's faced. Looking at Hatton, Guerro, Maidana and Pacquiao, these are all good fighters but none what I would call a legitimate welterweight. By that I mean a fighter who has fought most of their career at 147 lbs.
            That leaves Victor Ortiz and an aging Shane Mosely as"true welters" So FM's credentials at welter seem weak IMO.
            It's not Floyd's fault that his opposition was so weak but I don't think he should get credit for it either.
            It would have been interesting to see Floyd againt Hearns or Terry Norris or alot of very good 147 lb fighters but thats not gonna happen so all we have are opinions and everybody's got one. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Damn you redefine stupidity! "primitive then and primitive now". Dude, pull your head out of your a$$ with that lame statement.
              no no no, read it. its telling you that regardless of what other people may think as in, like i said about how they were seen then, they were not regarded (then)as great as they are now.
              i am saying (stating) my opinion hasnt changed (then or now)hence the statement "primitive then, primitive now". somehow im thinking your still confused so go away and live your life and forget you got ponked by an englishman.....DOOOD! lol ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                I agree with you, that it's more then reach that makes Floyd the fighter he is.
                My problem with Floyd at welterweight is the opposition he's faced. Looking at Hatton, Guerro, Maidana and Pacquiao, these are all good fighters but none what I would call a legitimate welterweight. By that I mean a fighter who has fought most of their career at 147 lbs.
                That leaves Victor Ortiz and an aging Shane Mosely as"true welters" So FM's credentials at welter seem weak IMO.
                It's not Floyd's fault that his opposition was so weak but I don't think he should get credit for it either.
                It would have been interesting to see Floyd againt Hearns or Terry Norris or alot of very good 147 lb fighters but thats not gonna happen so all we have are opinions and everybody's got one. lol
                You bet, Klitschko has the same problem.

Mayweather could have done those things, but Ray did them.

Comment

• Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                  no no no, read it. its telling you that regardless of what other people may think as in, like i said about how they were seen then, they were not regarded (then)as great as they are now.
                  i am saying (stating) my opinion hasnt changed (then or now)hence the statement "primitive then, primitive now". somehow im thinking your still confused so go away and live your life and forget you got ponked by an englishman.....DOOOD! lol ****.
                  Ponked by an Englishman?? Get off the damn drugs, your brain is shot to sht!

Comment

drugs? says the **** and his "faves" and "all time past and present" who the fack cares what or who you like ponk!
                    haha! you ponk!

Comment

hey ponk, hey ponk! hows momma?

Comment

Working...
                      X