Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already commented on this months ago and my opinion stands.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=33

It depends on WHICH Hearns faces WHICH Floyd. Early Floyd was no joke even against power fighters.

If early Hearns faced late Floyd, Floyd gets dominated easily.

Comment

• At 135 they both were at their best. Floyd was a lot more mobile than the recent version. But fantasy fights are just that and nothing to get emotional over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
        Why this indestructible force didn't want anything to do with Aaron Pryor? Almost every fighter can be accused of ducking somebody.
        Duran was not afraid of anybody...Duran proved to say otherwise is an insult.....Pryor was a Tasmanian devil for sure but he did like the canvas ...I think he got dropped quite a few times as champion...if Duran had fought Pryor would have remained in the canvas....

Comment

• Persoanlly this is a terrible match up for Duran

He didn't have a great record against top shelf pure boxers.....Leonard, Benitez, even Esteban De Jesus beat him....outboxed by Kirkland laing

Duran could be considered greater but style vs style I give Money the edge

Also Mayweather's best punch is his lead right and Duran kept his head high and left in front and low

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            When people predict what would happen between Floyd and Duran, its Floyd versus the peak Duran.

When you fight as many times as Duran did, you will have off nights. Duran probably didn't train hard for some fights because he underestimated them and paid the price. Floyd has pretty much not had an off night as he don't fight as much and prepared 100%.

But Duran nearly had the beating of Hagler when Duran was in form. Floyd hasn't fought anyone. That's why I want Floyd to fight GGG. If he can survive 12 rounds with him without beating him, I would never take seriously people saying Duran would stop FLoyd easy.
            But Floyd has to take a risk and go out of his comfort zone for once.
            you are a flip flopper. Floyd did what you said he needed to in order to be an ATG and then you changed. You have no credibility.

Comment

• with all due respect mr duran you couldn't even beat your lust towards cakes and ham let alone a world champ who would outbox your ears off lol

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                I already commented on this months ago and my opinion stands.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=33

It depends on WHICH Hearns faces WHICH Floyd. Early Floyd was no joke even against power fighters.

If early Hearns faced late Floyd, Floyd gets dominated easily.
                Early floyd was too light and to small for hearns....we are not talking about correlas here ....it's the hitman with a 78 inch reach and lightning speed and power.....hearns was to big for floyd all through his career

Comment

• Floyd would have beat Duran,His movement is to good and would frustrate Duran

Comment

• This would be an incredible fight. Imagine a 4 man tournament between Whitaker, Duran, Floyd and Chavez Sr.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      When you turn pro at 15, you prime out earlier. He'd had the majority of his fights by then. And yes. He was not in shape at all. Women and booze had become his priorities by then. Mayweather has always had more discipline. I'll give him that.

He got outboxed and dropped by esteban de jesus in his prime....Duran is a legend but he was not perfect and lets be honest he was not fighting a lot of great fighters at 135

That Buchanan stoppage was BS and a clear foul

Outside of Buchanan and De Jesus his comp there wasn't all that even though he ran through a lot of them

Comment

Working...
                      X