Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather would never quit on his stool like a bytch. Duran is not a warrior like Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
      Mayweather would never quit on his stool like a bytch. Duran is not a warrior like Floyd.
      How is Floyd a warrior when he just doesn't fight who he is supposed to.? Fight GGG at 160 Floyd. When Floyd retires he cant say there was no one to fight. Wlad Klitscho might have the excuse of not being as good as Ali as he didn't have the competition of Ali, like Frasier, Foreman and Liston to fight.
      Floyd could find the challenges if he wanted them. If Floyd don't fight GGG, its because of Floyd, not because of GGG. He has been called out countless times. FLoyd will just say I cant make 160?

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        How is Floyd a warrior when he just doesn't fight who he is supposed to.? Fight GGG at 160 Floyd. When Floyd retires he cant say there was no one to fight. Wlad Klitscho might have the excuse of not being as good as Ali as he didn't have the competition of Ali, like Frasier, Foreman and Liston to fight.
        Floyd could find the challenges if he wanted them. If Floyd don't fight GGG, its because of Floyd, not because of GGG. He has been called out countless times. FLoyd will just say I cant make 160?
        why do you keep flip flopping? Floyd already did what you said he needed to be an ATG. He beat Hatton, Shane and Manny. Yet you have decided to "move the goalpost".

Instead of acknowledging Floyd did what you asked, you cowardly deleted the post,. Luckily a few put it in their sig before you deleted it.

I get you are desperate to see Floyd lose because your favorites couldn't beat him but at least have some integrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          why do you keep flip flopping? Floyd already did what you said he needed to be an ATG. He beat Hatton, Shane and Manny. Yet you have decided to "move the goalpost".

Instead of acknowledging Floyd did what you asked, you cowardly deleted the post,. I get you are desperate to see Floyd lose but at least have some integrity.
          No im not desperate to see FLoyd lose, as I believe he has already lost before. I want him to be TBE as im a fan of his. And I know he isn't as of right now, and not even close to being TBE. Floyd has too many yes men around him, and someone who loves Floyd needs to tell him what hes got to do. FLoyd has never did anything that would put him in the same catergory as Duran, SRL and Pac with his 8 division titles fighting outside his country.
          Floyd can make 160, its just we don't know if he would be any good at 160 or beat the people at 160. Floyd would tip the scales at 155. That's all hes got to do, another 4lbs on his 151lb frame.
          Any quote you claim ive made has been made up, that's a common occurrence around here.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 10-26-2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

No im not desperate to see FLoyd lose, as I believe he has already lost before. I want him to be TBE as im a fan of his. And I know he isn't as of right now, and not even close to being TBE. Floyd has too many yes men around him, and someone who loves Floyd needs to tell him what hes got to do. FLoyd has never did anything that would put him in the same catergory as Duran, SRL and Pac with his 8 division titles fighting outside his country.
            Floyd can make 160, its just we don't know if he would be any good at 160 or beat the people at 160. Floyd would tip the scales at 155. That's all hes got to do, another 4lbs on his 151lb frame.
            Any quote you claim ive made has been made up, that's a common occurrence around here.
            So Floyd can make 160 by bulking up to 155?

Yeah, sure, that makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBloodGod View Post
              Duran just like many other all time greats (Mayweather included) has his own claim to greatest of all time.

Six decades are you kidding me?!

But I have to disagree with him when he says he would have beaten Floyd.

Ray decided to move in the second fight and beat him easily frustrating him to the point of "No Mas"

Floyd by majority decision.
              Hard to call, but I would say a prime Duran would have been too much for Floyd. Duran was aggressive, but had incredible defense and an amazing chin for the moments his defense failed him. Duran's most natural weight was LW. He lost most of his Fab 4 matchups, but the fact that he was competing with those guys at all being naturally so much smaller says a lot about his greatness. Not sure why so many people compare Mayweather to SRL as their styles really weren't that similar.
              Last edited by NachoMan; 10-26-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
                Mayweather would never quit on his stool like a bytch. Duran is not a warrior like Floyd.
                Duran actually got into the ring with bigger, stronger, faster and younger great fighters throughout his career. When did you ever see Floyd step to the ring without every advantage imaginable (even the damn gloves)? You're calling the wrong guy a "bytch."
                Last edited by NachoMan; 10-26-2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                  Duran is very good. There's a reason Uncle Roger always gives him props
                  That's a good point. Ask Roger who would win.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                    So Floyd can make 160 by bulking up to 155?

Yeah, sure, that makes sense.
                    Duran probably wasn't in the best shape when he fought at 160 that's what you sacrifice. Neither was Toney and RJJ when they fought at heavyweight.

Floyd wont weigh 160 if he fought GGG. He wants his spreed advantages and don't want to tire trying to move around the ring for 12 rounds carrying extra weight.

Comment

You are dreaming if you think that winning titles in 8 divisions puts Pacquiao anywhere near Leonard/Duran.

The number of divisions you fought in has nothing to do with how great you are, dont be ridicluous.

That depends on how small you were when you started, and it comes down to metabolism/body type.

" greatness " comes down to one thing, and one thing only.... who you beat, with consideration given to when/how. Thats it, forget all that other junk.

How many divisions did Ali fight in ?

How many divisions did Pep fight in ?

Mayweather and Pacquiao do not have the defining fights that those guys had, and Ray isn't great just because he fought in a great era, he is great because he won.

Comment

Working...
                      X