Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
    hey ponk, hey ponk! hows momma?
    No need for you to keep flaunting your ******ity as if it is a badge of honor. I'm going to block your dumb a$$ as of now. I wont have to read any more of your brain-dead comments. And you are so ****** you will probably reply to this thinking that I will see it, which I will not. Good riddance!
    Last edited by richardt; 10-28-2015, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
      A warrior like Floyd lmao Duran went to MW and beat the **** of Iran Barkely Mayweather couldn't carry Duran's spit bucket !

This is the same guy who retired for two years to avoid guys !! Your right Duran is not the warrior Durran is !! I mean he also avoided a midget of five years ! They are cut from different clothes Duran is cut from steel Floyd is cut from satin sheets !
      Very true. Mayweather always looked for an angle.

Duran fought everybody any time or place. If I'd been Duran's manager, I would have suggested he not take many of the fights he did, but Duran didn't give a damn. He was at home in the ring.

Mayweather is at home wherever Justin Beiber is.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Very true. Mayweather always looked for an angle.

Duran fought everybody any time or place. If I'd been Duran's manager, I would have suggested he not take many of the fights he did, but Duran didn't give a damn. He was at home in the ring.

Mayweather is at home wherever Justin Beiber is.
        I won't take away from his business save but I get sick to my stomach when people compare the two ..I mean this is the same Duran who gets knocked out by Hearns than goes the distance with Hagler ..I mean Duran and Floyd are two,totally diffrent type of fighters ! Duran was a true warrior !

Comment

• lol ****** ****.
          Originally posted by richardt View Post
          No need for you to keep flaunting your ******ity as if it is a badge of honor. I'm going to block your dumb a$$ as of now. I wont have to read any more of your brain-dead comments. And you are so ****** you will probably reply to this thinking that I will see it, which I will not. Good riddance!

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
            I won't take away from his business save but I get sick to my stomach when people compare the two ..I mean this is the same Duran who gets knocked out by Hearns than goes the distance with Hagler ..I mean Duran and Floyd are two,totally diffrent type of fighters ! Duran was a true warrior !
            Yes, there are almost no comparisons between the two at all. Just watch one of each of their fights. Mayweather was a smart, slick businessman who had a lot of defensive skills. Duran was the bad ass machismo warrior who came to fight every single time out.

Comment

Yes, there are almost no comparisons between the two at all. Just watch one of each of their fights. Mayweather was a smart, slick businessman who had a lot of defensive skills. Duran was the bad ass machismo warrior who came to fight every single time out.
              Everytime, really ?

Why did he no-mas ?

Don't think that I'm bashing Duran, because I'm not..... he is a fkn legend.

I have already stated in this thread that Duran cannot be defined by that fight, but I am just wondering why do you think it happened..... what caused Duran to no-mas in that fight?

Duran couldn't hit Leonard with a handful of rice in that fight.....

Comment

It he guy was just a monster at his best and went after the best ..

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Everytime, really ?

Why did he no-mas ?

Don't think that I'm bashing Duran, because I'm not..... he is a fkn legend.

I have already stated in this thread that Duran cannot be defined by that fight, but I am just wondering why do you think it happened..... what caused Duran to no-mas in that fight?

Duran couldn't hit Leonard with a handful of rice in that fight.....
                  Good point.

Duran came to fight every time against those who would trade and fight inside with him. As far as those who gave him a lot of movement, he came to fight while they came to give a lot of movement and box-not fight. The only boxers who really beat him used a lot of movement because Duran was that good on the inside. Leonard knew he couldn't beat him on the inside. No one could.

The No Mas thing(he never said No Mas btw) is one of speculation. Duran claimed his stomach cramped up on him. He also called Leonard a clown (hard to dispute since he did act like a complete clown in the rematch) and we all know Roberto ballooned up after the first fight and had to lose a lot of weight very quickly which drained him. He is not the same fighter at all that he was in Montreal.

At the end of the day, Leonard gets way too much credit for the fight which his fans jump all over as some kind of monumental victory. However, he was fighting a guy who was out of shape and in their first fight, when Duran was in shape, he battered Leonard for fifteen rounds in a fight that was not nearly so close on the scorecards as the judges suggested. Leonard was a fine boxer, but never doubt who won the only real inside fight they had which was the first one. Even at 38 years old with his legs gone, Duran cut Leonard with one punch in the third fight. We'll never know why he truly quit, but one thing's for sure, it wasn't because he was getting hurt. The announcers point out how close it is after seven rounds which it was. And why wait 9 years for the third fight? Why did Leonard put off the Hagler fight for five years? Why did he put off a rematch with Hearns for 8 years? Yet, Duran is forced to give Leonard a rematch after five months. And wanted a third fight right after. In fact, he assumed the third fight would happen when he quit. But of course, it didn't. Duran would fight anybody anytime. Leonard? Not so much.

Comment

Good point.

Duran came to fight every time against those who would trade and fight inside with him. As far as those who gave him a lot of movement, he came to fight while they came to give a lot of movement and box-not fight. The only boxers who really beat him used a lot of movement because Duran was that good on the inside. Leonard knew he couldn't beat him on the inside. No one could.

The No Mas thing(he never said No Mas btw) is one of speculation. Duran claimed his stomach cramped up on him. He also called Leonard a clown (hard to dispute since he did act like a complete clown in the rematch) and we all know Roberto ballooned up after the first fight and had to lose a lot of weight very quickly which drained him. He is not the same fighter at all that he was in Montreal.

At the end of the day, Leonard gets way too much credit for the fight which his fans jump all over as some kind of monumental victory. However, he was fighting a guy who was out of shape and in their first fight, when Duran was in shape, he battered Leonard for fifteen rounds in a fight that was not nearly so close on the scorecards as the judges suggested. Leonard was a fine boxer, but never doubt who won the only real inside fight they had which was the first one. Even at 38 years old with his legs gone, Duran cut Leonard with one punch in the third fight. We'll never know why he truly quit, but one thing's for sure, it wasn't because he was getting hurt. The announcers point out how close it is after seven rounds which it was. And why wait 9 years for the third fight? Why did Leonard put off the Hagler fight for five years? Why did he put off a rematch with Hearns for 8 years? Yet, Duran is forced to give Leonard a rematch after five months. And wanted a third fight right after. In fact, he assumed the third fight would happen when he quit. But of course, it didn't. Duran would fight anybody anytime. Leonard? Not so much.
                    It was frustration/fatigue imo.

But yea good post.

Mayweather would be a real frustrating night out for Duran, even more-so than SRL imo..... not meaning that he would no-mas or anything, that may have been totally isolated with more than frustration/fatigue going on, not sure..... but just the style/precision.

At LW I would favor Duran. Mayweather was an assassin at 130/135 but Duran was a monster.

Dream-fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X