No announcement yet.

Who has the greater legacy? Marco Antonio Barrera or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Are you of the opinion that i'm a Pac fan? Hahahahahahahahahaha I can't stand the little scum bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Are you of the opinion that i'm a Pac fan? Hahahahahahahahahaha I can't stand the little scum bag.
      well I was under that impression. & I like Marquez and Pac, I dont think Pac or Marquez are scumbags. They gave us epic fights.

Comment

Beyond beating Pac, under suspicious circumstances, he never reached the heights Barrera or Morales did. JMM is 2-1-1 against Pac, has a win over a badly faded MAB, never faced Morales, never faced Naz, lost to John and Mayweather. he was also thoroughly beaten by Bradley.

Barrera holds several iconic victories, chiefly Morales 2x and Naz.

Comment

Barrera because he beat Hamed and was more fierce. Trust me, Hamed would have beaten JMM to a snot if he'd fought him in 1999 as planned, but JMM didn't wanna know...not the other way as Lampley later claimed, the Arab hating liar.

Comment

MAB.

3 reasons:

1. he doesnt drink urine.

2. he doesnt have suspect relationships with starcraft 2 playing korean males.

3. he fought without ped use.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
              Marquez and to me it’s not even close, even without pac Juan’s resume is much better than Barreras
              JMM never beat anybody better than a prime Morales and I think the comparison below speaks for itself. Mind you that MAB wasn't the same fighter after the second Morales fight in 2002 (right before Tapia in my chronological list).

MAB
              • W - Kennedy McKinney (28-1)
              • W - Erik Morles (undefeated)
              • W - Hamed (undefeated)
              • W - Tapia (52-2)
              • W - Kelley (54-5)
              • W - Ayala (35-2)
              • W - Rocky Juarez (25-2)

JMM
              • W - Gainer (39-5)
              • W - Salido (28-8)
              • W - MAB* (63-4)
              • W - Casamayor (36-3)
              • W - Juan Diaz* (34-1)
              • W - Katsidis (27-2)
              • W - Pacquiao (54-4)

* = MAB was shot to ribbons and JMM went life and death with Juan Diaz who was beaten by Malignaggi the same year. Scorecards were even* (*Levi Martinez 76-76 | Duane Ford 75-77 | Max DeLuca 77-75 ) until Diaz got caught. JMM was losing actually on Fords card.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                JMM never beat anybody better than a prime Morales and I think the comparison below speaks for itself. Mind you that MAB wasn't the same fighter after the second Morales fight in 2002 (right before Tapia in my chronological list).

MAB
                • W - Kennedy McKinney (28-1)
                • W - Erik Morles (undefeated)
                • W - Hamed (undefeated)
                • W - Tapia (52-2)
                • W - Kelley (54-5)
                • W - Ayala (35-2)
                • W - Rocky Juarez (25-2)

JMM
                • W - Gainer (39-5)
                • W - Salido (28-8)
                • W - MAB* (63-4)
                • W - Casamayor (36-3)
                • W - Juan Diaz* (34-1)
                • W - Katsidis (27-2)
                • W - Pacquiao (54-4)

* = MAB was shot to ribbons and JMM went life and death with Juan Diaz who was beaten by Malignaggi the same year. Scorecards were even* (*Levi Martinez 76-76 | Duane Ford 75-77 | Max DeLuca 77-75 ) until Diaz got caught. JMM was losing actually on Fords card.
                Kelley wasn't shot? He was a spent bullet. Also Tapia was much smaller and basically shot. Remember Medina had a pretty easy time with him (awful decision) and Ayala was never really a Featherweight and was clearly on the way out when he fought Barrera. Barrera wasn't as shot as you are painting. He fought very well and clearly looked good against Marquez he just lost most rounds. Barrera was coming off 4 years without a loss, some good form including unification at 130, Morales win and the Juarez wins (you also forgot to include Marquez' more dominant win over Juarez in which he only needed one attempt).

Marquez destroyed Diaz at Lightweight. He was never the same fighter again. That's like how Vargas was never the same after Trinidad, Moore after Duran etc; That's very common in Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  I had John by 2 points.
                  round by round?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    round by round?
                    John by 114-112 is a pretty terrible card. I haven't watched it in years but I felt it ranged anywhere from 10-2 to Marquez to 8-4 being generous. I believe John had a clear round around the 4th or 5th and a clear one late I think around the 9th or 10th. He had a round each next to those that could go either way so at worse 8-4 Marquez plus the two B.S deductions.

I'm just glad that even with the stupid commentary of them going nuts whenever John threw most the people who actually watched and scored the fight had Marquez handily.

The Norwood fight was a poor decision too. I think Norwood landed about 52 punches and ran most the night even got knocked down in a round he may have edged 10-9. That was 8-4 Marquez at a stretch 7-5 but anything closer is poor judging though I'll admit Marquez was too passive in that fight and froze.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Barrera, at least he fought clean. His trilogy with Morales was one of the best. Dominated Hamed.
                      Man, I've been barrera and marquez fan for as long as I can remember, and I feel dumb, I never knew Marquez failed a drug test, please could you send me the literature? or link?

Comment

Working...
                      X