No announcement yet.

Who has the greater legacy? Marco Antonio Barrera or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Beyond beating Pac, under su****ious circumstances, he never reached the heights Barrera or Morales did. JMM is 2-1-1 against Pac, has a win over a badly faded MAB, never faced Morales, never faced Naz, lost to John and Mayweather. he was also thoroughly beaten by Bradley.

Barrera holds several iconic victories, chiefly Morales 2x and Naz.
    You don't hold Barrera's two clear losses against Junior Jones against him? Or the beatings against Pacquaio? The Khan loss doesn't register?

It's a bit unfair to use Marquez' when one was against Mayweather (as a much smaller man who would have thrashed MAB), John (which most deemed him to have won) and Bradley (at age 40 as a Welterweight) but not touch on Barrera's including a clear loss to Marquez. It's also fair to say Pacquaio was suspect in the Marquez fights too. He wasn't without folks pointing to possible PED use.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      The irony of you saying I have an agenda against a fighter is seriously glorious. Haha, you couldn't make it up. Have a nice day.
      The thing is that you are not making any sense, they are both great boxers and warriors and if you tell me the John fight was not controversial,it measn to me you do have something against Marquez, BTW, what is your legacy at your job?

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
        Man, I've been barrera and marquez fan for as long as I can remember, and I feel dumb, I never knew Marquez failed a drug test, please could you send me the literature? or link?
        You must be dumb if you cannot look at the transformation of Marquez and make that call yourself. Look at Canelo, same type of body transformation and he finally got caught. Memo knew how to manage JMMs "training" in order to avoid detection.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          You must be dumb if you cannot look at the transformation of Marquez and make that call yourself. Look at Canelo, same type of body transformation and he finally got caught. Memo knew how to manage JMMs "training" in order to avoid detection.
          You don't think Pacquaio had a transformation? He was every bit as suspect as any fighter from that time. Marquez already had a HOF resume before Memo was hired.

Comment

I very well may be, but once again, please send me the link of his failed tests.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              round by round?
              Don't remember which rounds I scored to whom, but I remember I had John by 2.

Comment

Marco Antonio Barrera

Comment

The thing is that you are not making any sense, they are both great boxers and warriors and if you tell me the John fight was not controversial,it measn to me you do have something against Marquez, BTW, what is your legacy at your job?
                  It makes sense if you know what happened between me and that poster about a week ago. That's why it was ironic.

I never said Marquez wasn't a great fighter.

I have something against Marquez because I scored the fight to John? What are you, a child or something?

My job is of no concern of yours. But i'm sure you're a great fighter as well considering you think it's fine for you to have an opinion but not me.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    You don't think Pacquaio had a transformation? He was every bit as suspect as any fighter from that time. Marquez already had a HOF resume before Memo was hired.
                    I very well may be, but once again, please send me the link of his failed tests.
                    I didn't see the same sudden transformation of Manny as dramatic as Marquez. I recall watching the 24/7 HBO special prior to their 4th fight and thinking WTF? Packing on ten pounds of muscle mass in 7 months while training for a fight that you should be losing weight for? The bacne and chimples at age 39? Suddenly found this power in his punches that sent Alvarado flying across the ring?

Had anyone accused Canelo of PED use prior to this latest bombshell, they would have been met with the same "show me a link to where he failed a test" response. It isn't beyond reason to question whether or not a fighter was juicing. I was a huge Roy Jones fan for the longest time, but I also suspected he was using PEDs for the longest, which it turned out he was.

No one was questioning Pac's training methods until Floyd was looking for an excuse to avoid him. Suddenly there was all this talk about how Pac put on 40+ pounds over the course of 15 years--while ignoring that Floyd did the same exact thing. And, Floyd had more stoppage victories from 140 and up.

Comment

I didn't see the same sudden transformation of Manny as dramatic as Marquez. I recall watching the 24/7 HBO special prior to their 4th fight and thinking WTF? Packing on ten pounds of muscle mass in 7 months while training for a fight that you should be losing weight for? The bacne and chimples at age 39? Suddenly found this power in his punches that sent Alvarado flying across the ring?

Had anyone accused Canelo of PED use prior to this latest bombshell, they would have been met with the same "show me a link to where he failed a test" response. It isn't beyond reason to question whether or not a fighter was juicing. I was a huge Roy Jones fan for the longest time, but I also suspected he was using PEDs for the longest, which it turned out he was.

No one was questioning Pac's training methods until Floyd was looking for an excuse to avoid him. Suddenly there was all this talk about how Pac put on 40+ pounds over the course of 15 years--while ignoring that Floyd did the same exact thing. And, Floyd had more stoppage victories from 140 and up.
                      Marquez' acne only showed up in the Alvarado fight. Pacquaio's had it show up too in the Algieri fight. You only think Marquez cheated in those two fights? So then his whole legacy doesn't go down the pan then surely? Especially since it's only when he was linked to Memo. Pacquaio fought a long stretch close to a decade where he was questioned. Marquez did ask for drug testing back in 2010/2011 when they talked about a potential 3rd fight. Marquez also had Memo in fight III where he didn't knock him down but he took him to school and according to most deserved a clear decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X