Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Explains Lack of Body Work Against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin is good but he still needs development in certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
      The only thing I was disappointed in was seeing Golovkin not commit to the body more and his unwillingness to throw when he had Alvarez on the ropes. There's a few variables to consider when analyzing Golovkin's performance. 1) Golovkin truly is on the decline and although he's not shot, his skills and willingness to risk things are deteriorating. 2) Competition is just getting tougher. When you're fighting competition a level below you it's understandable to be scoring easy wins against them but once you go up a level those wins are going to cost you more. 3) The nerves from being at this big stage for the first time ever. Even though he's had big fights before Golovkin has never been at this stage in boxing. Fighting a big name in Alvarez at the fight capital of the world with crazy amount of media and publicity behind it is another level.

All in all I thought Golovkin won a close fight. It's a shame that the powers that be denied him so many golden opportunities when he was at his physical prime. Sturm, Martinez, Cotto, and Canelo for close to three years all ducked the man that was knocking everyone out to earn the moniker the boogeyman of boxing. I think Golovkin can still go and will just have to improve on his style to suit his age. I hope the rematch goes down sooner rather than later and if Golovkin goes for broke and actually tries to knock out Canelo I think he wins the fight more convincingly than the first.
      I dunno if you can say that people should have fought Golovkin when it best suited Golovkin. Golovkin has been a no name fighter that doesn't bring a lot of money to the table for most of his career. Yet he is a dangerous fighter. Why should anyone get in the ring with a killer to get paid in bologne sandwiches and peanuts? And also it's a built in excuse for any poor performance he may have for the rest of his career. Remember this is the same guy that was begging for a fight with Floyd Mayweather who was inactive and basically retired at the time, 39 years old and two weight divisions smaller. He refused to fight Andre Ward who is two years younger than him and was only one division bigger than him. And it was all about getting paid the most amount of money while taking the least amount of risk. He is just as much conscious of risk and reward as any fighter. Canelo was rumored to have been offered a fight with Floyd Mayweather three years before they actually fought when he was nineteen years old. His manager came out and said they would never have accepted the fight at that time because Canelo was not ready for it. And that would have been the biggest pay day of Canelo's career. Maybe Canelo wasn't ready for Golovkin either until now. Too bad if that's inconvenient for Golovkin but that's just the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        It's what we predicted, however the blame for this is squarely on Sanchez. He should have trained Golovkin better to find openings to the body. By not attacking the body, Golovkin significantly reduced his ability to open up Canelo.
        every fight prior the body shot was a big weapon and has been a calling card in his career and how Sanchez trains his fighters. No excuses on the trainer when he is saying the body work was part of gameplan and as GGG was not doing it I kept telling him to do it. This is on the fighter GGG just simply couldn't do it. Canelo is not as easy to hit GGG was whiffing all night and the reason he didn't want to throw the body shots is he was worried about Canelo's counters. It's really that black and white not sure why people trying to find other reasons and excuses when even the trainer said it.

Canelo took away GGG's body punchers just like he took away GGG's "deadly right hand" which he couldn't land all night long either. Tip the cap to Canelo he turned GGG into a 1 punch fighter nothing but the jab was landing and even that wasn't as effective as we seen in previous fights missed a career high amount of jabs and had a low connect rate.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-20-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
          lol but GGG didn't knock out canelo on purpose! he carried him so they would be a big rematch!
          Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          he didn't go to the body on purpose so they could get the rematch right?????
          That dude was dumb as hell. How can you post that with a straight face?

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
            Spoken like a true child, bravo.
            I think you're losing in this back and forth my dude. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
              Eating strong straight rights. GGG's defense is getting worse with time. It was never particularly good, but that chin was taking some serious shots.
              His chin is bailing him out. This is now 3 fights in a row with a disturbing trend of just how easy it is to hit GGG flush with hard clean shots. He has no head movement or quality defensive technique. He is supposed to be the big bad power puncher? He's been outlanded in power punches in his last 2 fights and was being out landed in power punches until the final round against Brook. When it happened badly in the brook fight the excuse from his fans was oh he just don't respect Brook so he is intentionally taking those shots he won't get hit like that his next fight lol When it happened with Jacobs and the fight went 12 it was well he just didn't want to KO Jacobs he's trying to look vulnerable to land the Canelo fight. He'll be an animal again for Canelo fight. Now he was getting lit up by the smaller canelo who easily landed the cleaner hard shots.

He's got an iron chin but history shows fighters who keep getting hit this much eventually their chin cracks. His chin is bailing his horrible defense out he is way too easy to hit Brook, Jacobs, Canelo all proved that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                His chin is bailing him out. This is now 3 fights in a row with a disturbing trend of just how easy it is to hit GGG flush with hard clean shots. He has no head movement or quality defensive technique. He is supposed to be the big bad power puncher? He's been outlanded in power punches in his last 2 fights and was being out landed in power punches until the final round against Brook. When it happened badly in the brook fight the excuse from his fans was oh he just don't respect Brook so he is intentionally taking those shots he won't get hit like that his next fight lol When it happened with Jacobs and the fight went 12 it was well he just didn't want to KO Jacobs he's trying to look vulnerable to land the Canelo fight. He'll be an animal again for Canelo fight. Now he was getting lit up by the smaller canelo who easily landed the cleaner hard shots.

He's got an iron chin but history shows fighters who keep getting hit this much eventually their chin cracks. His chin is bailing his horrible defense out he is way too easy to hit Brook, Jacobs, Canelo all proved that.
                I think for Golovkin his offense is his defense and having a good chin and being as durable as he obviously is has emboldened him to fight this way. Fighting opponents of lesser quality has allowed him to get away with it. But when you're fighting someone who will make you miss and is both beating you to the punch and countering you the veracity of that strategy becomes much less.

Comment

Just like Abel said, GGG did not go a lot to the body because he did not have anyone in front of him, Canelo and Jacobs are those kind of boxers who can make GGG hesitate about doing some things that he would't hesitate to do against others.

I've always declared myself as a fan of both fighters, both have theirstrenghts and their weaknesses, but the dudes are elite boxers.

For the people saying Canelo was an overhyped dude well I really think this fight answered a lot about him. Second fighter to go the full 12 rounds on GGG's pro-career and first figther that was not put down not even once (Jacobs) on the canvas.

Say what you want Canelo is a great fighter and GGG is an awesome fighter too.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
                    I think you're losing in this back and forth my dude. Just saying...
                    Does it look like I'm actively trying to be part of this back and forth to you?

Just because you're content with trying to "win" a discussion with someone who comes across as mentally challenged and excessively emotionally invested in a BOXING match doesn't mean everyone else is.

Last edited by T18Z; 09-20-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
                      I think for Golovkin his offense is his defense and having a good chin and being as durable as he obviously is has emboldened him to fight this way. Fighting opponents of lesser quality has allowed him to get away with it. But when you're fighting someone who will make you miss and is both beating you to the punch and countering you the veracity of that strategy becomes much less.
                      exactly. I don't buy the he got old crap nobody called him too old just 1 year ago. Then he started fighting higher caliber fighters with more skills and his offense is NOT as effective so his defense which has always been horrible is getting exposed. He was just used to icing bums so it never matter. Better fighters are now neutralizing his power limiting his offense and now he has to rely on his chin more because he doesn't have a stout defense, never had one. In his last 3 fights Brook, Jacobs, Canelo he has been hit ALOT and it's the type of punches. Clean hard power shots. Did he just age 45 years in 12 months at the exact time he drastically stepped up his level of competition?
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-20-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X