Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Explains Lack of Body Work Against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
    Bigdummy's obsession on running down Golovkin is unhealthy.

You're not even a boxing fan, a fan supports something. You spend 90% of your time attacking a boxer.
    then put me on ignore and shut the phuk up you whinny puzzy. Nobody following you around worrying about what you post. Go back to getting on your knees and sucking off that walking punching bag GGG you don't hear me complaining. Now shut the phuk up and let the grown folk talk.

Comment

I rewatched the fight. Canelo landed more power punches and body shots. Ggg out jabbed Canelo but most were light taps to set up a big punch. Watch the fight and see where those 50 more punches that ggg landed came from. They were all love taps

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        He actually landed a few to the body late in the fight. He didn't get countered. I think we can agree if he landed more to the body, given how gassed Canelo appeared, it might have changed his productivity.

I was actually impressed Canelo seemed to throw more punches in the last 3 rounds. He probably wouldn't be able to if Golovkin invested to the body early on.

Go watch the Brook fight again and see how he attacked the body in the round before they threw the towel in. Brook was having success countering him also...
        Or GGG could of been knocked the phuk out by a counter uppercut who knows because GGG didn't want to risk it and totally abandoned this punch. We now know it wasn't his gameplan and his corner pleaded with him to throw it he just couldn't. This goes counter to what folks have been saying for days since the fight that GGG not throwing it was part of the plan

Comment

I was asking that all night. After 8 rounds canello not expecting it should have tried a few liver shots but ggg won anyway 8-4

Comment

He couldn't go to the body because Canelo was giving a lot of different looks and movement in there.

The last 3 fights have proven how overrated, overhyped, and one dimensional Golovkin really is. All he had was power. Once he couldn't overpower his opponents, it was game over.

Watch him fight the weakest link next: BJ Saunders.

Comment

The only thing I was disappointed in was seeing Golovkin not commit to the body more and his unwillingness to throw when he had Alvarez on the ropes. There's a few variables to consider when analyzing Golovkin's performance. 1) Golovkin truly is on the decline and although he's not shot, his skills and willingness to risk things are deteriorating. 2) Competition is just getting tougher. When you're fighting competition a level below you it's understandable to be scoring easy wins against them but once you go up a level those wins are going to cost you more. 3) The nerves from being at this big stage for the first time ever. Even though he's had big fights before Golovkin has never been at this stage in boxing. Fighting a big name in Alvarez at the fight capital of the world with crazy amount of media and publicity behind it is another level.

All in all I thought Golovkin won a close fight. It's a shame that the powers that be denied him so many golden opportunities when he was at his physical prime. Sturm, Martinez, Cotto, and Canelo for close to three years all ducked the man that was knocking everyone out to earn the moniker the boogeyman of boxing. I think Golovkin can still go and will just have to improve on his style to suit his age. I hope the rematch goes down sooner rather than later and if Golovkin goes for broke and actually tries to knock out Canelo I think he wins the fight more convincingly than the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                When the level of competition increases you can't do everything you want in the ring and not pay for it. G GG also didn't go to the body against Jacobs. Vetter fighters take away certain punches. Similarly, Canelo couldn't get to GGG's body because of his quality, specially that jab.
                Mayweather must have been a Master, his better competition continously ate that straight right.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  He couldn't go to the body because Canelo was giving a lot of different looks and movement in there.

The last 3 fights have proven how overrated, overhyped, and one dimensional Golovkin really is. All he had was power. Once he couldn't overpower his opponents, it was game over.

Watch him fight the weakest link next: BJ Saunders.
                  How is it game over when he won 2 of those fights and most agree won the last fight?

Comment

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
                    Canelo did everything he wanted too against GGG!!! EVERYTHING!

GGG's game plan was limited because of what Canelo was doing!!!!

That's the definition of Ring Generalship!!

Ring Generalship, Clean/Hard Punching & Defense, all Canelo!!!

117-111 Canelito
                    Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream... 8-4 GGG

Comment

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream..
                      8-4 GGG was easy to score!

Comment

Working...
                      X