Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring is ignoring its own rules when it comes to Canelo...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    That means permanently moves.

People so desperate for Golovkin to be given a title without beating the champion, AGAIN.

Chad Dawson was still LHW champ after fighting Ward at SMW.
    Pavlik was still MW champ after fighting Hopkins at LHW.
    Mayweather was still WW champ after fighting DLH at LMW.
    Hatton was still LWW champ after fighting Mayweather at WW.
    JMM was still LW champ after moving up to fight both Mayweather and Pacquiao.
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    This.

Not sure how legit the list above is, cuz I don't pay attention to Ring anymore or I just don't recall those ranking situations anymore, but I have no reason to doubt them.

For sure Ring has turned into a GBP propaganda machine, but this Canelo thing doesn't seem like its a real issue. Plenty of other real issues & conflicts of interests with Ring & GBP doe.
    To the best of my knowledge, none of the guys on that list, or anyone connected with any them, actually stated that the division they held the lineal title in was not or was no longer their weight division. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Comment

No it isn't. If you read the other rules it also mention fighting at other weights and i posted examples of fighters still being ring champion after fighting at other weights.

Another case of ******ed Golovkin fans not knowing what they're talking about/wanting rules changed because Golovkin doesn't win titles in the ring.
      I don't actually give a **** about the Ring title. I'm just addressing the point raised in this thread: The Ring are breaking their own rules by continuing to recognise Canelo after he came out and said that he is not a MW and gave that as his reason for refusing to fight GGG at the sanctioned MW limit.

Comment

He's made an offer to Golovkin to fight in September.
        An offer

Comment

permanent move son....let GGG earn the damn title in the ring for once damn

Comment

Of course they are but The Ring has been largely corrupted for years now. Its still good when it does start rating top fighters and often times the best fighter is ranked at the top of The Ring rankings but with GBP and Canelo...they adhere to no rules.

Canelo has not fought at middleweight since the Khan fight and will now fight at 165 lol

Comment

Golovkin will be the lineal middleweight champion eventually so why the rush?

Comment

TBRB is now the official rankings for lineal championship so Ring magazine belt is now irrelevant. Just look at the members of TBRB 10 of the 52 members are from BWAA and the rest are prominent professional boxing journalists and historians!

Comment

What's the rush? If you think Canelo won't adhere to any of the other valid rules, then he'll be stripped in November. Adonis got stripped and so will Canelo if he doesn't adhere to those rules. Middleweight ≈ 155-160. Stop hating on the player and hate the game. Call for the orgs to change the rules to fit your needs.

PS. "Moving to" and "fighting in" another weight class are different. Canelo will be fighting in another weight class this May, but no one in their right mind believes he will be moving to that weight class.

Comment

This entire thread is a little pointless, because you all seem to be missing the operative word; can.

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
                    Here are the seven situations in which a champion can lose his belt:
                    If it stated the champion WILL lose his belt under the situations, then we'd have a topic point. This is just a list of situations in which the editorial board is left with the discretion to remove a championship - not a list of things that automatically result in removal.

As pointed out earlier, there is numerous situations in the past in which the board had the option, though didn't exercise the right, to remove the champion. End of thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
                      THE RING’s Nos. 1 and 2 contenders fight one another.
                      If the Nos. 1 and 2 contenders chose not to fight one another and either of them fights No. 3, No. 4 or No. 5, the winner may be awarded THE RING belt if the Editorial Board deems the contenders worthy. Here are the seven situations in which a champion can lose his belt:
                      The Champion loses a fight in the weight class in which he is champion.
                      The Champion moves to another weight class.

The Champion does not schedule a fight in any weight class for 18 months.
                      The Champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 18 months (even if he fights at another weight).
                      The Champion does not schedule a fight with a Top-5 contender from any weight class for two years.
                      The Champion retires.
                      The Champion tests positive for a performance-enhancing substance.

Canelo first moved to 154 and is now going to fight at 168.
                      Why are you surprised that a magazine owned by a drug addicted cross dresser would bend their own rules when the same guy that owns the magazine also promotes Canelo, who accounts for roughly 95% of his promotional business?

Comment

Working...
                      X