No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Carlos Takam Finalized For October 28

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    what makes this guy good?? he is a 36 soon to be 37 year old whos claim to fame is a close fight with ****ing Parker..its a **** fight
    Drew with undefeated Mike Perez. Gave Povetkin (the PED version) a great fight before he was stopped late. Beat Tony Thompson. Gave Parker a tough close fight.

Considering the circumstances it is a good fight. Better than if they had pulled Whyte up for sure. People have been bringing up Miller, but he is a big part of Hearns first US show so he wouldnt want to gut that. Chisora is in camp for November i would have been ok with that. Takam is that sort of level.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      what makes this guy good?? he is a 36 soon to be 37 year old whos claim to fame is a close fight with ****ing Parker..its a **** fight
      Nobody said he's good, he's just still better than anybody Wilder has fought. Maybe he's on par with Stiverne, but Stiverne is Wilder's biggest fight so far whilst Takam is a late replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        Why?

Joshua's late replacement is better than anyone Wilder has ever fought.
        Keep trolling

Stiverne and Arreola would hospitalize that walrus.

....as you well know.

Comment

Good replacement. Could have been a lot better though, someone of the Wawrzyk or Washington calibre

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            Nobody said he's good, he's just still better than anybody Wilder has fought. Maybe he's on par with Stiverne, but Stiverne is Wilder's biggest fight so far whilst Takam is a late replacement.
            Takam is not on par with Stiverne.

Stiverne stopped Arreola.....Vlad couldn't do that

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Not as good as Pulev, but good work by Hearn saving the event. Takam is a decent operator who wasnt an easy night even for a PEDed Povetkin. If its true he has been in camp then even better.

Shame but **** happens.

[MENTION]crold[/MENTION] tweeted that this is a problem with AJ fighting only twice a year, that his development and legacy can be held back so easily by a freak injury like this. I agree. They were too hasty moving Joshua to that stage in his career. He should be fighting 3X a year
              Yeh Hearn said he will fight 3 times next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
                True, but you could say the same thing as Joshua.

Takam and Pulev are completely different in term of height and style.
                You could say that but I think Joshua was going to be tuned in no matter what. Joshua seems like a hard guy to beat by simply catching him off guard. I hope you are right and we get a competitive fight regardless.

Comment

Pulev flapped it been saying for weeks he would pull out wants nothing of aj could of got whyte in hes in training for helnus same night no one wants to see takham fight hearn trying to rinse the fans hear save me a few quid cos am not paying ppv for this crap was begrudged paying it for pulev fight

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Good replacement. Could have been a lot better though, someone of the Wawrzyk or Washington calibre
                    Takam was installed as the mandatory by the IBF so they had to offer the fight to him or vacate if they wanted to select another opponent.

There’s no opponent’s out there at this notice worth giving up the belt for.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                      Takam was installed as the mandatory by the IBF so they had to offer the fight to him or vacate if they wanted to select another opponent.

There’s no opponent’s out there at this notice worth giving up the belt for.
                      LOL, I was being sarcastic dude, mentioning Wilders illustrious attempts at replacements. Mentioned Wawrzyk ffs

Comment

Working...
                      X