No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Carlos Takam Finalized For October 28

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
    Takam?!! The guy JP decisioned? When Parker was touting him as a quality opponent & quality win to his credit, I saw right through Takam's resume to see he is not a contender, but a hurdle for heavyweights to jump over on the way to title contention.

I thought Wilder having to face Stivern again was bad, but this is PATHETIC. AJ I'm ashamed of you.
    Its always good to see comments from somebody who actually watches fights. This fight is ****

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
      How come?

Takam has a way better chin than Pulev
      Even if he was in training that's 2 weeks he has to prepare for Joshua. There's no way he can be ready in time against a fighter of Joshua's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        Why?

Joshua's late replacement is better than anyone Wilder has ever fought.
        what makes this guy good?? he is a 36 soon to be 37 year old whos claim to fame is a close fight with ****ing Parker..its a **** fight

Comment

what a bummer! So Pulev is still gonna get a shot?! F this.... we want Wilder or Parker next

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
            This is worse than Stiverne they should’ve reached out to Ortiz, Povetkin, Miller or Whyte, don’t Matter if any of them have fights signed cause it means they should be in shape and Joshua brings in enough money from the gullible brits that herb can pay off who ever he has to get a live body opponent
            The IBF rules state if the mandatory pulls out it goes to the next contender which was takam.

Comment

Not as good as Pulev, but good work by Hearn saving the event. Takam is a decent operator who wasnt an easy night even for a PEDed Povetkin. If its true he has been in camp then even better.

Shame but **** happens.

[MENTION]crold[/MENTION] tweeted that this is a problem with AJ fighting only twice a year, that his development and legacy can be held back so easily by a freak injury like this. I agree. They were too hasty moving Joshua to that stage in his career. He should be fighting 3X a year

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                You brits are easy to please lol this is a **** fight and you all know it. And yes I am very familiar with takam. He gets sparked quicker than Pulev lol �� On second thought it's probably going to happen around the same time.

Damn I've been hyping AJ to my US friends. He's starting to look suspect lol
                well, Wilder has been suspect forever.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                  Takam?!! The guy JP decisioned? When Parker was touting him as a quality opponent & quality win to his credit, I saw right through Takam's resume to see he is not a contender, but a hurdle for heavyweights to jump over on the way to title contention.

I thought Wilder having to face Stivern again was bad, but this is PATHETIC. AJ I'm ashamed of you.
                  Nice try. The stiverne fight IS bad

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                    Even if he was in training that's 2 weeks he has to prepare for Joshua. There's no way he can be ready in time against a fighter of Joshua's caliber.

True, but you could say the same thing as Joshua.

Takam and Pulev are completely different in term of height and style.

Comment

Wow. Even AJ's replacement opponents sheet on Wilder's level of opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X