• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this isnt power lifting its boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
      this isnt power lifting its boxing.
      Its a training and nutrition forum and weightlifting is part of boxing training

Comment

i agree with u..

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          Its a training and nutrition forum and weightlifting is part of boxing training
          u want to get technical, its more of a training an nutrition for a boxers, hence its a sub catagory of boxing forum. There is also a mma sub forum too, but because weight lifting doesn't have its own sub forum i guess this is ok.

and weight training is not a part of boxing, I know professional fighters and golden gloves champs that never lifted weights, trainers also suggest against weight lifting.

and how much one can bench press has nothing to do with with the art of boxing, hell its not even a bench mark for how strong a individual is.

I made the mistake of overrating the bench press just like many other newbs when I was young. I was repping 245lbs during senior year in high school. all it did was sculpted my chest shoulders and tris, sure the ladies loved it, but did little to improve my athletic performance.

Comment

u want to get technical, its more of a training an nutrition for a boxers, hence its a sub catagory of boxing forum. There is also a mma sub forum too, but because weight lifting doesn't have its own sub forum i guess this is ok.

and weight training is not a part of boxing, I know professional fighters and golden gloves champs that never lifted weights, trainers also suggest against weight lifting.

and how much one can bench press has nothing to do with with the art of boxing, hell its not even a bench mark for how strong a individual is.

I made the mistake of overrating the bench press just like many other newbs when I was young. I was repping 245lbs during senior year in high school. all it did was sculpted my chest shoulders and tris, sure the ladies loved it, but did little to improve my athletic performance.

yea i havent lifted wieghts in 3 years.. i did some light wieghts for boxing but i stopped using wieghts all together.. i just do pushups... pull-ups, dips

Comment

I did 300lb bench at 17 weighing 150lbs. I wouldn't be bragging about 225.Hahaha. I used to start on that for my pyramid back in school. Hahaha

Comment

Wow, can I have your autograph?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
                  I did 300lb bench at 17 weighing 150lbs. I wouldn't be bragging about 225.Hahaha. I used to start on that for my pyramid back in school. Hahaha
                  twice your body weight? I find that hard to believe...

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    twice your body weight? I find that hard to believe...
                    You know, there was this guy on Boxingscene that doubted I could do 225lbs for some weird reason. So I decided to show him, although I haven't lifted weights in years. Well I did the 225... about 5 or 6 times with ease. Could of did more but my point was made.(sure I could find that old thread and you can look at the dates he said it and the dates I did) Oh, by the way it's on Youtube and I was weighing 160lbs. You want the video?

Just because someone can do something you or a lot of ppl probably can't doesn't mean it can't happen. Just mean with your or their ability it doesn't happen.

Holla at me if ya want the link.

Comment

If people think that Iam trying to brag then im sorry for coming off that way, cause i know there are probably alot of people on here stronger then me and I sure as hell know alot of people on here can bench over 225 pounds.

I made this thread the same reason someone would make a thread if they ran 15 miles or something..

For some reason weightlifting is such a sore subject around here as soon as i bring it up everyone gets defensive and flips out... and its not surprising how many people said "well when i was 17 i could bench 400 pounds and i weighed less then you"

First of all you may know alot of pro fighters and golden glove champs and trainers and blah blah that never lifted, but that doesnt mean its not a part of boxing. Whether you like it or not weightlifting is a legitimate part of boxing training. may not be a necessary part but a legitimate part.

And second of all im not overrating the bench press, its not liek i go to the gym every day and just do bench press and bicep curls. Its just an accomplishment for me to bench 225 because only a year and a half ago i couldnt even bench 100 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X