No announcement yet.

P4P?? PAC KO loss to Marquez. Or Williams KO loss to Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    At least Montiel, Vic, and Donare started coming to the land of the living without smelling salts CPR!! He may have slept all night without smelling salts.
    The scary thing is that Montiel actually beat the count, dude was in heaven but his body got up, and the ref for god's sake let him continue.

That fight ruined Montiel. He never was the same after that.

Comment

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
      The scary thing is that Montiel actually beat the count, dude was in heaven but his body got up, and the ref for god's sake let him continue.

That fight ruined Montiel. He never was the same after that.
      So true. He was done. His career was pretty much over. Without the Chapo Guzman story, we wouldn't hear much about him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        And just as a side note...

Of every knockout I've ever seen, there are three standouts.

Hamed/Lawal. It's like...WOW. How do you finish somebody with 3 punches and how do you get a knockdown before the camera can zoom in?

Lewis/Rahman 2. BOOM! And the sound effects helped.

And my personal favorite, Chris Eubank vs. Reginaldo dos Santos. Simply The Best? More like simply ridiculous.

The Lewis KO was amazing. I am a big Eubanks fan. His son is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
          Bit off-topic, sorry but this doesn't get mentioned often enough. Randall Bailey's uppercut knockout over Mike Jones. Astonishing knockout, possibly my favorite in boxing ever

Bit before 40sec mark here in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aLk3j09_tw
          This one I think was more comparable to Tszyu KOing Judah or Garcia KOing Khan. Great KO's but different forms of KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            This one I think was more comparable to Tszyu KOing Judah or Garcia KOing Khan. Great KO's but different forms of KO.
            Judah and his break dance moves was funny. But he got up. Bambi kinda like Khan.

Comment

Judah and his break dance moves was funny. But he got up. Bambi kinda like Khan.
              lol, Bambi... classic reference... haha

Comment

KTFO6 by quite a long way if you ask me.

If you want to compare them in terms of impact on the sport, the meaning of it between the two fighters with it being a more higher key rival series and how dramatic the lead up to it was with the winner looking worse for wear prior...JMM KO PAC is a greater result P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
                  KTFO6 by quite a long way if you ask me.

If you want to compare them in terms of impact on the sport, the meaning of it between the two fighters with it being a more higher key rival series and how dramatic the lead up to it was with the winner looking worse for wear prior...JMM KO PAC is a greater result P4P.

I agree. it was a greater result. When Williams got stopped it was shocking. I think because it was center ring we had better camera angles. I believe this added to that KO. But when KTFO6 happened, it was not center ring. So the other cameras didn't capture it as well as when Williams got KTFO.

I agree that the PAC KO loss was bigger because of the rivalry. That old dude, ring side that seemed to be trying to revive manny with his outstretched hand was iconic. I wonder if he thought PAC was dead too. Just like Fredy & Aurm did.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    About equal I would say. Look at Paul's eyes moment after the KO-- flat down, with lifeless open eyes. I thought he was dead.

Thank God that both he and Pacquiao survived.
                    Thanks for pointing that out. I re watched and his mental computer rebooted!! Wow! PAC's reboot needed extra scans for brain damage!

Comment

I agree. it was a greater result. When Williams got stopped it was shocking. I think because it was center ring we had better camera angles. I believe this added to that KO. But when KTFO6 happened, it was not center ring. So the other cameras didn't capture it as well as when Williams got KTFO.

I agree that the PAC KO loss was bigger because of the rivalry. That old dude, ring side that seemed to be trying to revive manny with his outstretched hand was iconic. I wonder if he thought PAC was dead too. Just like Fredy & Aurm did.
                      Exactly...

Williams being knocked out by Martinez was a stunning result, one for the highlight reels for years to come. Sudden, dramatic and undeniably conclusive. But...KTFO6 had that something else. There was genuine rivalry, it was a great back and forth fight, one fighter started to take over then suddenly it is over and in the opposite mans favour. It capped off a series, it concluded a lot for thousands of fans.

KTFO6, JMM coming from behind (in that fight as well as the series) and knocking Pacquiao out cold is a historical thing. Especially as it was right in the middle of debating who the greatest of the generation was with Pac/May circling each other while Marquez was in the background of Manny's past, a challenge that still existed despite already having three fights with him... This fight, and indeed the result in the way it happened was historic. Martinez KO Williams was amazing. Marquez KO Pacquiao was great.

I am a big fan of Manny too and a lot more so than I am of Marquez, but lets be honest, it will never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X