Collapse
No announcement yet.

M. Spinks (Qawi) vs Holyfield (Qawi 1)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M. Spinks (Qawi) vs Holyfield (Qawi 1)

How does Spinks from the Qawi fight do against Holyfield from the first Qawi fight? Different weight classes but really not that much different in size. Does Spinks greater experience against better fighters get him the win or would the more athletic Holyfield find a way to win as he did against Qawi? 15 rounds...Who wins and how does it go?

Between those 2 versions, I would take Evander in a grueling battle..

Cruiser evander is damn near indestructable and he had great endurance, power, combinations, chin, skills...

Comment

We can try to look at precident. When Michael Moore beat Holyfield, even though it was a heavyweight fight, he showed how a really good technical fighter with decent power could catch Holyfield when Holly wanted to brawl and press. Moore just set up his combos, didn't get into a slugging match where Holyfield could impose his will and was mobile enough to react defensively to Holyfield.

Spinks and Moore were two peas in a pod...both guys had more technical skills than guys in the division who could just punch and press foward, both guys could easily go up a division,and both guys moved well in the ring. Spinks was ultimately more consistant than Moore and is considered by most to be a class above, but I think the Holyfield Moore fight is very much what a Spinks Holly fight would have looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        We can try to look at precident. When Michael Moore beat Holyfield, even though it was a heavyweight fight, he showed how a really good technical fighter with decent power could catch Holyfield when Holly wanted to brawl and press. Moore just set up his combos, didn't get into a slugging match where Holyfield could impose his will and was mobile enough to react defensively to Holyfield.

Spinks and Moore were two peas in a pod...both guys had more technical skills than guys in the division who could just punch and press foward, both guys could easily go up a division,and both guys moved well in the ring. Spinks was ultimately more consistant than Moore and is considered by most to be a class above, but I think the Holyfield Moore fight is very much what a Spinks Holly fight would have looked like.

The holyfield that fought qawi is a much different holyfield that fought Moorer years later

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          How does Spinks from the Qawi fight do against Holyfield from the first Qawi fight? Different weight classes but really not that much different in size. Does Spinks greater experience against better fighters get him the win or would the more athletic Holyfield find a way to win as he did against Qawi? 15 rounds...Who wins and how does it go?
          As great as Spinks was at 175 I have a hard time picking anybody to beat Holyfield at cruiserweight. I think it's likely that Holyfield takes a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            The holyfield that fought qawi is a much different holyfield that fought Moorer years later
            Thats true. So there are probably some tendencies Holyfield always exhibited and others that do not apply. Holyfield could always box and often chose to slug it out and press an opponent. But the real distinction between these actions was probably more notable when he fought as a heavy weight...not just the Moore fight, but the fight he won against Bowe, he boxed instead of slugging it out.

Comment

This would be a great fight, I'm a big fan of Spinks but I'd favour Holyfield.

Comment

Man a lot of people see this for Holly!

I know that Holly had different looks at different times in his career...But when we look at how he did against really good boxers as compared to sluggers I think a technically excellent A level boxer puncher is a relative weakness. He certainly slugged and boxed well against sluggers (its how he beat Bowe) and I think Holly is a great fighter for sure but...

Holmes, Bean, Byrd and Donald all took him the distance Toney and Moorer beat him (he returned the favor with Moorer) all boxer punchers. to me Spinks is comprable to Toney, and better at cruiserweight. I think he would be a nightmare for Holly at 190. I think Moorer would also beat him at cruiser because of styles, and...while I think he would beat Toney at this weight, it would be a hard fight.

Comment

Working...
                X