Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Want To Wait Until 12/1 For Wilder-Joshua Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
    or perhaps he wants to go over all the other details so they minimise the risk of the fight not happening in April? ... Eddie isn't saying "sign a contract now and screw yourselves over", I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Boxers don't just sign and then magically appear in the ring across from their opponent, there's the logistics to take care of ... plus why waste months negotiating after the december date when some of it can be done beforehand? it's all riding on Wilder winning so nothing would be set in stone anyway
    The fight date is in April; assuming both guys have 10 week camps and a global press tour and that basically gets you to the end of January.

Wilder fights the second week of December, so you basically have a 6-week period between Wilder's fight and the latest date to allow for formal camps and the press tour.

With the deal almost done for a Fall fight before Eddie through in his nonsense (moved the date, only Joshua has a formal research, muddled the picture as to if Wilder's broadcaster would get the fight for the US, etc), is 6 weeks really too short a time to make the fight? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      The fight date is in April; assuming both guys have 10 week camps and a global press tour and that basically gets you to the end of January.

Wilder fights the second week of December, so you basically have a 6-week period between Wilder's fight and the latest date to allow for formal camps and the press tour.

With the deal almost done for a Fall fight before Eddie through in his nonsense (moved the date, only Joshua has a formal research, muddled the picture as to if Wilder's broadcaster would get the fight for the US, etc), is 6 weeks really too short a time to make the fight? Lol
      Irrespective of that, if they are NOT finalizing anything then what reason does Finkel have to keep Hearn at arms length as aggressively and offensively as he has, especially when the biggest money fight for Wilder is a guy that will most likely spend his entire pro career in Hearn's stable.

Apply your own logic and tell me why a chat for a few hours is too much to ask for at this stage. Is Wilder really going to be distracted knowing his manager is sat at a table with Hearn while he's somewhere else training?

Finkel is making Hearn dance just because he can (or thinks he can) and I'm starting to hope it backfires on them even if we ALL ultimately miss out on that fight.

If Wilder ain't budging from a 50/50 split like he says, the fight's dead anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        is 6 weeks really too short a time to make the fight? Lol
        Ask Eddie if it's too short a time, he's the one that's been trying to negotiate with their team for well over a year while Shelley Finkel continually swats him away like a pest.

Comment

I think it's obvious Wilder's team are willing to risk their payday just to ***** up Eddie Hearn's April plans .. well guess what, he already has multiple fighters that will take the Joshua fight in a UK stadium that fans will fill same as usual, so he he's not going to give in to their ridiculous demands. Many financial and boxing experts even say a 35/65 split is generous to Wilder and 60/40 would be a capitulation.

Comment

I think it's obvious Wilder's team are willing to risk their payday just to ***** up Eddie Hearn's April plans .. well guess what, he already has multiple fighters that will take the Joshua fight in a UK stadium that fans will fill same as usual, so he he's not going to give in to their ridiculous demands. Many financial and boxing experts even say a 35/65 split is generous to Wilder and 60/40 would be a capitulation.
            Tell me, aside from Joshua/Wlad, how many of AJ's fights have been negotiated and signed before one of them completes a fight before it happens? It is almost unheard of.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              Tell me, aside from Joshua/Wlad, how many of AJ's fights have been negotiated and signed before one of them completes a fight before it happens? It is almost unheard of.
              and again, who is saying anything about signing contracts before the fight anymore? plus what you're actually referring to is exactly what Team Wilder just did with Team Fury

Comment

and again, who is saying anything about signing contracts before the fight anymore? plus what you're actually referring to is exactly what Team Wilder just did with Team Fury
                "We're not willing to wait until December," Hearn said. "We can wait until December to see but a deal must be done well in advance of that.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  "We're not willing to wait until December," Hearn said. "We can wait until December to see but a deal must be done well in advance of that.
                  why no source? is that because I'll see the date on it perhaps

read this one, it's from just over a fortnight ago

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/sports/box...fer/ar-BBNX6il

"We will probably have to move forward with a fight before December 1, but we hoped that at least we could have a meeting so we can go face to face to discuss it.

"The previous offer was accepted and we sent a contract but they didn't respond, so this offer is much better than the previous offer.

"This is an improvement on the previous offer that was accepted. But obviously, if he won his fight with (Tyson) Fury, it would increase his value in the fight and we've taken that into consideration.

"It's only binding if he beats Fury so we have taken that into consideration and offered him more money. I am not expecting them to sign the deal within a week or two weeks, but we have to have a meeting."

Yet Finkel refuses to take any meetings and won't even respond to the details of the contracts Eddie has sent them multiple times. What exactly do they think is going to happen in a best case scenario for Wilder? that he's going to suddenly become the A-side beating Tyson Fury? even if Fury looks good but gets outboxed and brutally KO'd it's still not going to put Wilder on the map in the way they seem to think. Finkel should stop acting like a child and actually tell Hearn that he believes Wilder will be worth more than the additional amount Eddie has offered, and keep the negotiations moving forward.

You're acting like Wilder has been lowballed .. he's already being offered more than he's worth and won't even consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    not gonna argue

just that the STARTING point HAS to be 32.5% minimum, as per Parker's purse

until that happens, no serious discussion is being harmed in the making of that fight lol

Originally Posted by aboutfkntime
                    FACT: Joshua is WAY bigger than Wilder.... so, get real Wilder
                    FACT: Parker got 32.5%.......................... so, get real Hearn

Wilder deserves 37.5%

Wilder should take 35%

FACT: until they offer Wilder 32.5% (minimum)..... they are not serious about making the fight, and are just blowing smoke

he won't get 50%, and nor should he

I support Wilder, but Joshua is a waaaaay bigger

if he got offered 40%, he should take it in a heartbeat

I think he should take 35%, but they have not offered anything close to that

for some reason, 37.5% sounds fair to me, but they will have to crunch some numbers I guess..... which could be why Hearn is in such a hurry to get that fight signed now

thanks !

but it's just common-sense

they agreed that Parker was worth 32.5%, so if they offer Wilder less than 32.5%..... they be shucking and jiving

in saying that, Joshua is MUCH bigger than Wilder

I highly doubt that Wilder can justify 40%

pretty sure the only reason why they would ever pay him that much, would be if they were desperate for that fight..... but, they clearly are not

like I said..... if Wilder could get 37.5% - 40%, he should jump on it, gratefully..... and if he gets offered 35%, he should probably jump on that as well

Wilder needs to be reasonable..... the problem is, they have not offered him anything even close to that

Hearn knows exactly how to make that fight happen, and he knows exactly how to kill it

we will see

it looks like my numbers were pretty much bang on

At the moment I think a split of 65-35 in AJ’s favour is fair"
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-if...-50-50--133005

like I said..... Hearn knows exactly how to make that fight happen, and he knows exactly how to kill it..... we will see

Comment

Irrespective of that, if they are NOT finalizing anything then what reason does Finkel have to keep Hearn at arms length as aggressively and offensively as he has, especially when the biggest money fight for Wilder is a guy that will most likely spend his entire pro career in Hearn's stable.

Apply your own logic and tell me why a chat for a few hours is too much to ask for at this stage. Is Wilder really going to be distracted knowing his manager is sat at a table with Hearn while he's somewhere else training?

Finkel is making Hearn dance just because he can (or thinks he can) and I'm starting to hope it backfires on them even if we ALL ultimately miss out on that fight.

If Wilder ain't budging from a 50/50 split like he says, the fight's dead anyway
                      Deontay Wilder, after showing the money that was actually available for the fight, and the fight even being for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world, was not only convinced to travel for short money, he was set to travel to Joshua's venue, on Joshua's date, and simply fight.

Fall fight, Wilder smashes Joshua, and he makes the money back on the rematch. Fine.

Rather than a simple deal, from what's been made public anyway, September magically no longer was viable for a UK fight, the tentative date moved to maybe November, the WBA calling a 24-hour bid now moved the fight to 2019, Wilder's broadcaster in the US was no longer an option, and Anthony Joshua was the only one with a written rematch clause.

Eddie Hearn ****ed up the deal when Wilder and his camp sat down, in good faith to try and make the fight happen.

Shelly Finkell has literally no reason to give Eddie Hearn a courtesy anything because he's proven himself to openly deal in bad faith.

So, Wilder's going to have his PPV fight with Fury (hopefully he wins in style), midweek following the re-air, Finkell will have a fairly good idea what the event did on PPV, Finkell will call Eddie, and Finkell will see if a fair deal can be had (Dillian Whyte is already penciled in for a fight on December 22nd, so let's be real about the time constraints here).

Eddie has a date he wants the fight on, so hopefully that compels him to avoid the bull**** this second time.

Comment

Working...
                      X