Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Want To Wait Until 12/1 For Wilder-Joshua Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wants that fight on the Suck Zone, Showtime PPV, you fraud

Comment

One of the greatest comments I just heard..........

His wily promoter Hearn has been matching him with the loving care of a mother hen taking care of one of his nestlings.

Comment

Joshua has hurt his career by fighting a lot of over-the-hill fighters in record-padding fights. His wily promoter Hearn has been matching him with the loving care of a mother hen taking care of one of his nestlings. You have to wonder what Joshua’s career would be like today if Hearn had put him in against the biggest threats from day one when he turned pro in 2012. Instead of all the wasted fights against weak opposition, boxing fans could have seen Joshua fighting Wilder three or four times, Luis Ortiz, Wladimir [when he was still young and able in 2012], David Haye and Povetkin [when he was still young in 2012].

Comment

It would be better to negotiate the fight for Hearn now because it can get much more expensive if Wilder wins in a spectacular fashion.

I never heard of nobody negotiating a huge fight when they are training and touring for the biggest fight to date.

He can't keep Wilder out of his mouth. He should had taken that $50 million plus they were offered

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
            Joshua has hurt his career by fighting a lot of over-the-hill fighters in record-padding fights. His wily promoter Hearn has been matching him with the loving care of a mother hen taking care of one of his nestlings. You have to wonder what Joshua’s career would be like today if Hearn had put him in against the biggest threats from day one when he turned pro in 2012. Instead of all the wasted fights against weak opposition, boxing fans could have seen Joshua fighting Wilder three or four times, Luis Ortiz, Wladimir [when he was still young and able in 2012], David Haye and Povetkin [when he was still young in 2012].
            I get the satire and it is good but it reminded me of something.

If the IBF hadn't gifted position for so long to so many weak fighters Joshua might have won that title against someone worth half a damn at present.

When Fury was stripped Glaz and Martin were highly ranked, but let's just for fun look at who they were ranked above and how much better those matches would have been.

Glaz, Martin, Teper, Cunningham, Szpilka, and Browne all ranked above Joshua, Pulev, Ruiz, and Takam.

He didn't have to fight dangerous opposition for it to be really impressive now. Hell, had he fought the men much higher ranked than himself it'd be of little worth now, but imagine Pulev, Ruiz, or Takam earlier in his career how that would look today. Just fighting the guys around his level would have been pretty good and if Martin hadn't won that belt that's exactly what Josh was lined up to do. He and Takam were meant to fight an elim for Martin's belt.

Now, Josh-Takam maybe isn't Joshua's best showing, but it is still a much better HW match then Martin-Glaz ever was.

I don't blame Josh or Eddie I blame the IBF, and Povetkin a little ***** actually. Had Povetkin played his natural role as gatekeeper instead of avoiding up and comers until after Wlad got his defense against them the mandos and ranks wouldn't have looked the way they did by the time Josh came for the titles.

Comment

Sooner or later people are going to get turned off with Eddie Hearns. Everyday hes talking about Wilder like they suppose to talk with him. They're planning a huge event of there own in LA that they're going to try to sell hard to get those PPV numbers up.

Comment

He has been taken to school, Haymon beat Arum, HBO, GBP......Hearn, (called his bluff on 50 mil, got Fury, HBO died, GBP died, PBC signed a new contract) cant beat Haymon. Wilder beats AJ, which kills DAZN/Hearn.
                Haymon negotiated the BIGGEST PPV ever in boxing, the BIGGEST PPV ever in MMA. Got his client the largest payday EVER, largest SPORTS contract with SHOWTIME. Hearn is not fing with an amateur.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Once the U.S. PPV numbers come out for Wilder-Fury they will give Deontay greater leverage in negotiations (assuming he wins the fight of course.)

Hearn the snake wants to force a deal now before that happens.
                  or perhaps he wants to go over all the other details so they minimise the risk of the fight not happening in April? ... Eddie isn't saying "sign a contract now and screw yourselves over", I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Boxers don't just sign and then magically appear in the ring across from their opponent, there's the logistics to take care of ... plus why waste months negotiating after the december date when some of it can be done beforehand? it's all riding on Wilder winning so nothing would be set in stone anyway

Comment

War Beyonce! Don't take the fight just bark like a dog Wildher!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                      What's more important than the biggest HW unification fight for a generation Shelley, that you can't meet up or take some time to discuss it?
                      Because Wilder's team is tired of f.u.c.k.ing around. Hearn plans on playing games for another three months and Wilder's team isn't having any more of it. They will negotiate from a greater position of power in December when Wilder absolutely destroys Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X