No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Pacquiao Should Fight Loma at 140, No To Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    No one wants to see that. The Loma thing is a real possibility because ESPN would pay huge money for it to be on ESPN+, and both camps really want the fight. I think Manny wants to fight smaller guys after the Horn fiasco, and honestly he should be. So I also see Mikey Garcia as a dark horse too
    In a way you're right but then again, Lomachenko nor Crawford have huge fan bases, it'll be kinda tough to sell those fights.

Comment

anyone that wants to see pac fight crawford or spence at the stage in his career just wants to see him get beat, and get hurt. The same people that say Pac is washed or shot are the same people saying he needs to fight the top 2 ww's. And those same people would give Crawford and Spence all the credit in the world for beating the same fight they said was shot.

Though Pac is still a force to be reckoned with, his best days are far behind him and he isnt in p4p contention anymore. There are still exciting, competitive and lucrative fights out there for him though

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        I think they are similar in a few regards but different in some glaring ones. It's a 39 year old fighter moving down to fight one of the top 3 p4p fighters currently in the sport and in their prime. To some degree the fight is seen as a passing of the torch. Personally, I don't think it should happen but I can see why it's an option. Two guys with pretty sizeable fan bases and almost equally as much dislikers. If you really hate Pac you want Loma to light him up, if you hate Loma you want Pac to light him up. Personally, Pac should just retire.
        Ironically, majority of Loma and Pac fans are fans of both fighters......

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Ironically, majority of Loma and Pac fans are fans of both fighters......
          This is a good point. They are but Not when they are discussing fighting each other. Then it becomes time to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            This is a good point. They are but Not when they are discussing fighting each other. Then it becomes time to choose.
            I would like to not believe that, but it's a reality that is hard to avoid.

Comment

Pac is a champ belt holder again. Champions fight other champions or top contenders. Personally i have zero interest in a Loma fight. If guys like crawford and spence etc want a signature name on their somewhat squestionable resumes, they need to start fighting each other, or fight a proven fighter like the Pac man for another belt. I think Roach and Manny’s relationship as a coach/friend is more of a passed their prime issue than Pacs so-called decline. He looked like a new fighter with buboy training him now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                He never fought Zahir Raheem either, after Raheem beat Erik Morales. Or Shane Mosley before he got too old...Roach said he was too dangerous.

The fact is Pac's opponents were always carefully picked. Often with catchweights thrown in to give him a further advantage.
                That was like just 4 opponents he fought on catchweight and all those guys were much bigger than him except marquez. That's a fact. If loma demanded the same thing to pac now i bet you'll have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  In a way you're right but then again, Lomachenko nor Crawford have huge fan bases, it'll be kinda tough to sell those fights.
                  PAC VS CRAWFORD would do well on PPV.

Comment

People need to realise that pacquaio isnt half the fighter he once was..some piss poor performances followed by mathysse putting on the worst show of his career making it look as it pacman has resurrected his career..wrong!! hes a |HOF fighter one of the best to ever do it but to put him up against any of the top welterweights would be suicide at this stage of his career. loma at 140 would be interesting but even then i feel he has no chance. would be nice to see him finishing on a high rather than retiring on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
                      So PAC fighting a half decade old JMM 4x or and old DELA HATER doesn't count? PAC has a belt that CRAWFORD needs at 147 so make the fight!
                      Half decade?

But on a serious note, De La Hoya tried to cherry pic Pac. Big diff. Jmm was unfinished and one could argue he lost 3 or all 4.

Pac doesnt need the belt. I doubt he even wants it either. Pac’s legacy is made and it will likely never be matched by any of the current 47 guys. What’s he going to prove by getting another belt?

I have no desire, as both a Bud and Pac fan to hear how bud beat an old Pac or to see Pac get hurt for example.

Thats some weird vendetta you’re carrying towards Pac and wishing him some kind of “just desserts” or karma is weird. Let the man fight who he wants. He’s earned it.

Comment

Working...
                      X