Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Doubts Age Will Be a Factor in Canelo Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh, age is and has been a factor. golovkin is not getting bettet. alvarez is. golovkins peak was lemieux. he most certainly hasnt improved since.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
      I'm not so sure, Saunders barely got out of 2nd gear against Lemieux and came out completely unscathed. Granted, GGG has a far greater boxing IQ than Lemieux (not too hard though), but Saunders has fantastic movement. The question is whether he'd spend the entire time on his bike or if he'd throw back enough to try and win the rounds.
      Although, I do hope that someone gives Saunders an absolute pasting soon. Even before his recent shameful acts, you could tell he was a bit of a prick.
      He also is VERY inconsistent and tends to turn into Fat Bastard at times. He looked like sht against Andy Lee who Chavez TKO'd. And he knows he got away with a robbery against that no body. He knows it thats why he APOLOGIZED to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Let's be real, Charlo would much rather fight Canelo, and Jacobs would much rather fight Canelo! However, with the new deals for the PBC, Haymon can make it very lucrative for Jacobs (if he beats Dervy) vs. Charlo! I can't see Charlo turning down a title fight with Jacobs, unless he has a fight coming with Canelo!
        Bro at the time Jacobs called out Charlo there was no IBF title fight available for Jacobs GGG was still holding the IBF and the rematch had already been ordered between Canelo and GGG.

They were both available and Charlo refused the call (insert Lady Lyanna's voice).

Bro I aint hating on Charlo when Mayweather retired I wanted to adopt both Charlo twins and Andrade as my favorites but now I'm left with Jermell coz he the realest out of all of them Jermall and Andrade are all talk no action.

I'm riding with Jermell, Spence, and Wilder now.
        Last edited by Sledgeweather17; 09-25-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          Bro at the time Jacobs called out Charlo there was no IBF title fight available for Jacobs GGG was still holding the IBF and the rematch had already been ordered between Canelo and GGG.

They were both available and Charlo refused the call (insert Lady Lyanna's voice).

Bro I aint hating on Charlo when Mayweather retired I wanted to adopt both Charlo twins and Andrade as my favorites but now I'm left with Jermell coz he the realest out of all of them Jermall and Andrade are all talk no action.

I'm riding with Jermell, Spence, and Wilder now.
          I'm still ridin' with Jermall too! Jacobs is from BK, so I have to ride with him too, but I don't like him fighting Dervy, because he's breaking up a happy home! SALUTE to Andre Rozier! I won't diss Jermall unless he turns down a title fight with Canelo or Jacobs!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            He also is VERY inconsistent and tends to turn into Fat Bastard at times. He looked like sht against Andy Lee who Chavez TKO'd. And he knows he got away with a robbery against that no body. He knows it thats why he APOLOGIZED to the fans.
            Hopefully someone like GGG, Jacobs, Derevychencko, Charlo can fight Saunders next and give him the pasting his actions deserve.
            Andrade has a decent chance of out-boxing him, but that will be a more of a chess match and neither will get too marked up. I cant see Canelo fighting him - he won't leave Vegas, and Saunders won't fight there as the B side.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Sanchez is fooling himself or maybe he’s just trying to keep ggg in a positive mindset.

But if they do do it a third time Canelo stops ggg imo those body shots had ggg breathing hard early on.
              I think that is some European thing, to breath hard into the lungs.

Why did he then go out there and win the 12th and stayed there going toe to toe for 12 rounds?

No logic really...

Comment

Unless GGG learns how to work the body, I have very little interest in watching this again. It's hard to chin somebody that's defensively responsible with a good beard to go along with it. That one big chin shot isn't gonna come unless GGG can learn some body work at the end of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Unless GGG learns how to work the body, I have very little interest in watching this again. It's hard to chin somebody that's defensively responsible with a good beard to go along with it. That one big chin shot isn't gonna come unless GGG can learn some body work at the end of his career.
                  Its mind boggling how he abandoned one of his strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    It's also efen stupid to pretend that GGG didn't fight bums all his life and look totally average as soon as he stepped up the competition.
                    Bums? Idk about that.

And GGG didn't look "average" vs Jacobs or Canelo either time. He was competitive in all 3 of those fights most view as his most competitive competition. If GGG ain't sh^t then that must mean Jacobs & Canelo ain't sh^t & then you just think EVERYONE in boxing ain't sh^t which is just weirdo sh^t if you ask me.

Comment

He still fights damn well but age has clearly caught up to him. Abandoning his body attack has made things much harder for him. It used to be so devastating when he was younger and now he's become a head hunter. He's not afraid of getting countered either; there has been multiple opportunities where Canelo wasn't really in position to counter, leaving body shots open and GGG instead opted for the head which wasn't really available. It's been frustrating to watch and I'm very disappointed that they didn't do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X