Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Doubts Age Will Be a Factor in Canelo Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ggg is finished. Too old. No body wants the third fight, canelo already proved he is the better boxer. Only way I see a third fight being meaningful is if ggg can get another belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
      I had GGG as the winner of both fights - comfortable 1st and very close 2nd, but he was the away non-money fighter in Vegas against a Mexican on a Mexican holiday both times so needed a KO and didn't get it. However I can't see how age wouldn't be a factor by the time another re-match would be made. As hard as GGG hits a lot of his power came from timing, which is not quite what it once was and will only get worse the longer he stays in the game. I still think there's no pure brawler (Lemieux type) that could beat him at the weight, but he will struggle against an elite level slickster (Saunders type), or box-fighter (Canelo type) in a way he wouldn't have done a few years ago.
      I think GGG beats Saunders hes bigger and easier to hit plus he wont have to respect his power and counter punching like he did with Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        Ggg is finished. Too old. No body wants the third fight, canelo already proved he is the better boxer. Only way I see a third fight being meaningful is if ggg can get another belt.
        Yeah he really needs to bring another belt to the table.

Comment

GGG definitely seems like a different fighter to me vs what he was 4 or 5 years ago so idk wtf Abel is talking about....as usual.

Not to say that thats an excuse or w/e people love crying about here, but thats just a reality. Aging is a mfer & at the highest levels of sports its FOR SURE part of the inches & tiny degrees it can take to win.

If it actually makes a difference in any specific competitive encounter who's to say, but the gradual effects of age aren't even in dispute & to think that doesn't spill over to your life in general let alone a competitive athletic event is just f#cking ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            "I think that the fans want the fight, now it’s a matter of the promotions coming together and putting it on in September of next year," Sanchez told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

What does GGG do until September 2019? I suggest Murata, Jacobs, or Saunders!
            Murata in Japan will make the most money. Personally would like to see GGG/Saunders but I don't think Saunders gets past Andrade. And some reason think Sergiy beats Jacobs. Haha we may get Sergiy/GGG after all just 1 year later .

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              Thats nuts.

Of the 5 reasonable scorecards in their two fights its been 7-5 GGG, 6-6 Even x2 & 7-5 Canelo x2. This has been a super close & competitive rivalry despite some nutty ass fans out there claiming one or both fights were robberies. Sign me up for part III.

Not to say I don't wanna see some other guys at 160 get their shot, but I think a III is worthy of happening if it does or not is another story.

Comment

Before the first fight he said GGG KOs canelo easy. After the fight never come close to hurting canelo and missing all day 500 punches to be exact landing nothing but jabs outlanded in power shots, lands only 8 body shots makes excuses for all of it saying canelo ran. lol

Before rematch says if Canelo stops and fights Mexican style he will get KOd. After the fight it's canelo who wants Mexican style but GGG shook doesn't. GGG gets stalked and beat up face falling apart and again misses even more this time 600 punches, gets outlanded in power punches even more and actually throw fewer body shots landing just 6. More importantly can't use canelo running excuse because he came forward all night.

Before 3rd fight age is not a factor After GGG takes another beating gets knocked out or they quit on the stool to save his face from falling off the excuse will flow and it will be GGG is too old. Canelo has proved he can land all his big shots going forward or backwards GGG has proved he can't nothing but jabs and scared to commit to body for fear of being countered by faster handed canelo. This will only get worse in the 3rd fight.

In the 2 biggest fights of GGG career has missed 1100 punches outlanded in power both fights and landed just 14 body shots and canelo showed him no respect in the second fight as the smaller man. It will be a blood bath for GGG. 3rd fight GGG showing up just for the paycheck to help his retirement
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-25-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  I think GGG beats Saunders hes bigger and easier to hit plus he wont have to respect his power and counter punching like he did with Canelo.
                  I'm not so sure, Saunders barely got out of 2nd gear against Lemieux and came out completely unscathed. Granted, GGG has a far greater boxing IQ than Lemieux (not too hard though), but Saunders has fantastic movement. The question is whether he'd spend the entire time on his bike or if he'd throw back enough to try and win the rounds.
                  Although, I do hope that someone gives Saunders an absolute pasting soon. Even before his recent shameful acts, you could tell he was a bit of a prick.

Comment

Yeah he really needs to bring another belt to the table.
                    I mean, if I'm canelo, I see everyone already calling ggg old and thatw why canelo won the 2nd fight. So if I hear this, how does beating an even older ggg enhance my legacy if there isn't a belt that ggg can offer?

Comment

Murata in Japan will make the most money. Personally would like to see GGG/Saunders but I don't think Saunders gets past Andrade. And some reason think Sergiy beats Jacobs. Haha we may get Sergiy/GGG after all just 1 year later .
                      GGG might never fight for the IBF again! I think he's still pissed! I also think that if Dervy wins, Al Haymon would make Charlo vs. Dervy on SHO or FOX! One thing I want to know about Jacobs is the length of the deal with Hearn! Big Baby is on YouTube stating that his contract was only 2 fights. I wonder if Jacobs' contract is the same?

September 24, 2017:

Jacobs indicates that nothing has changed between him and Haymon. He says the powerful adviser is here to stay and won't be on the outside looking in.

"Promotion-wise, we got one of the best promoters in the game, Eddie Hearn. I love the guy, he's tremendous at what he does. And I look forward to getting pushed. We still have Al on board. Al will always be my adviser. He was my adviser since the beginning of my career and when I hang my gloves up he'll be my adviser then as well. I have a full fledged circle and it's working in my favor," Jacobs told BoxingScene.com.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daniel-j...-union--120801

As much as I like watching Dervy, Jacobs vs. Charlo is must-see TV!

Comment

Working...
                      X