Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Doubts Age Will Be a Factor in Canelo Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Thats nuts.

Of the 5 reasonable scorecards in their two fights its been 7-5 GGG, 6-6 Even x2 & 7-5 Canelo x2. This has been a super close & competitive rivalry despite some nutty ass fans out there claiming one or both fights were robberies. Sign me up for part III.

Not to say I don't wanna see some other guys at 160 get their shot, but I think a III is worthy of happening if it does or not is another story.
    In a perfect world, we would have a tournament @ 160 similar to the WBSS Tourney @ 140!

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      I mean, if I'm canelo, I see everyone already calling ggg old and thatw why canelo won the 2nd fight. So if I hear this, how does beating an even older ggg enhance my legacy if there isn't a belt that ggg can offer?
      The 3rd fight is purely about money BOTH sides know it will be a lopsided Canelo win...especially Sanchez who was deep throating Canelo after the fight and throwing GGG under the bus for not fighting the fight he keeps telling him to fight. If GGG was too scared to go to war with Canelo stop jabbing so much in the rematch he won't be willing in the 3rd fight. He was backing up and jabbing running from a Mexican Style fight because he didn't want to get splattered all over the ring. He's too slow, canelo too hard to hit cleanly and look at his face and the punishment he took backing up all night trying to "box" instead of Mexican Style

if he goes all out throwing caution to wind what you think his face will look like? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        One thing I want to know about Jacobs is the length of the deal with Hearn! Big Baby is on YouTube stating that his contract was only 2 fights. I wonder if Jacobs' contract is the same?
        I've heard people say that its the same length as the HBO deal which is supposed to end with the Derevyanchenko fight.

BUT from reading my share of contracts I know its often the case there are built in extensions when a promoter gets a guy to a title shot (sometimes winning a title, sometimes just fighting for a title). So that being the case I'm assuming that relationship will extend beyond this upcoming fight if Jacobs wins via HBO (if they are still in the game & interested in Jacobs services) or DAZN.

Comment

I've heard people say that its the same length as the HBO deal which is supposed to end with the Derevyanchenko fight.

BUT from reading my share of contracts I know its often the case there are built in extensions when a promoter gets a guy to a title shot (sometimes winning a title, sometimes just fighting for a title). So that being the case I'm assuming that relationship will extend beyond this upcoming fight if Jacobs wins via HBO (if they are still in the game & interested in Jacobs services) or DAZN.
          That's the ish that made Mikey sue Arum! I hope that's not the case, because I want to see Jacobs vs. Charlo as much, if not more, than I want to see Canelo vs. GGG III! I don't think it happens with Eddie Hearn involved!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            The 3rd fight is purely about money BOTH sides know it will be a lopsided Canelo win...especially Sanchez who was deep throating Canelo after the fight and throwing GGG under the bus for not fighting the fight he keeps telling him to fight. If GGG was too scared to go to war with Canelo stop jabbing so much in the rematch he won't be willing in the 3rd fight. He was backing up and jabbing running from a Mexican Style fight because he didn't want to get splattered all over the ring. He's too slow, canelo too hard to hit cleanly and look at his face and the punishment he took backing up all night trying to "box" instead of Mexican Style

if he goes all out throwing caution to wind what you think his face will look like? LMAO
            You have a point, and if it's solely just about money... Since ggg doesn't bring anything to the table. He can get 20 percent lmao

Comment

GGG definitely seems like a different fighter to me vs what he was 4 or 5 years ago so idk wtf Abel is talking about....as usual.

Not to say that thats an excuse or w/e people love crying about here, but thats just a reality. Aging is a mfer & at the highest levels of sports its FOR SURE part of the inches & tiny degrees it can take to win.

If it actually makes a difference in any specific competitive encounter who's to say, but the gradual effects of age aren't even in dispute & to think that doesn't spill over to your life in general let alone a competitive athletic event is just f#cking ******.
              It's also efen ****** to pretend that GGG didn't fight bums all his life and look totally average as soon as he stepped up the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Before the first fight he said GGG KOs canelo easy. After the fight never come close to hurting canelo and missing all day 500 punches to be exact landing nothing but jabs outlanded in power shots, lands only 8 body shots makes excuses for all of it saying canelo ran. lol

Before rematch says if Canelo stops and fights Mexican style he will get KOd. After the fight it's canelo who wants Mexican style but GGG shook doesn't. GGG gets stalked and beat up face falling apart and again misses even more this time 600 punches, gets outlanded in power punches even more and actually throw fewer body shots landing just 6. More importantly can't use canelo running excuse because he came forward all night.

Before 3rd fight age is not a factor After GGG takes another beating gets knocked out or they quit on the stool to save his face from falling off the excuse will flow and it will be GGG is too old. Canelo has proved he can land all his big shots going forward or backwards GGG has proved he can't nothing but jabs and scared to commit to body for fear of being countered by faster handed canelo. This will only get worse in the 3rd fight.

In the 2 biggest fights of GGG career has missed 1100 punches outlanded in power both fights and landed just 14 body shots and canelo showed him no respect in the second fight as the smaller man. It will be a blood bath for GGG. 3rd fight GGG showing up just for the paycheck to help his retirement
                Realest shieet I ever read.

Comment

GGG already won both fights. I don't need to see this again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    GGG might never fight for the IBF again! I think he's still pissed! I also think that if Dervy wins, Al Haymon would make Charlo vs. Dervy on SHO or FOX! One thing I want to know about Jacobs is the length of the deal with Hearn! Big Baby is on YouTube stating that his contract was only 2 fights. I wonder if Jacobs' contract is the same?

September 24, 2017:

Jacobs indicates that nothing has changed between him and Haymon. He says the powerful adviser is here to stay and won't be on the outside looking in.

"Promotion-wise, we got one of the best promoters in the game, Eddie Hearn. I love the guy, he's tremendous at what he does. And I look forward to getting pushed. We still have Al on board. Al will always be my adviser. He was my adviser since the beginning of my career and when I hang my gloves up he'll be my adviser then as well. I have a full fledged circle and it's working in my favor," Jacobs told BoxingScene.com.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daniel-j...-union--120801

As much as I like watching Dervy, Jacobs vs. Charlo is must-see TV!

Was a Charlo fan until Jacobs pushed his shieet in.

Charlo is deathly scared of Jacobs.

He was caught live talking smack about Jacobs and then Jacobs stepped up to him face to face and Charlo squirmed like a little bish.

Then Jacobs kept on calling him out after that confrontation and all we heard were crickets from Charlo.

I'm sorry but I lost faith in the guy after that.

Guy is a bish ass *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      Was a Charlo fan until Jacobs pushed his shieet in.

Charlo is deathly scared of Jacobs.

He was caught live talking smack about Jacobs and then Jacobs stepped up to him face to face and Charlo squirmed like a little bish.

Then Jacobs kept on calling him out after that confrontation and all we heard were crickets from Charlo.

I'm sorry but I lost faith in the guy after that.

Guy is a bish ass *****.
                      Let's be real, Charlo would much rather fight Canelo, and Jacobs would much rather fight Canelo! However, with the new deals for the PBC, Haymon can make it very lucrative for Jacobs (if he beats Dervy) vs. Charlo! I can't see Charlo turning down a title fight with Jacobs, unless he has a fight coming with Canelo!

Comment

Working...
                      X