No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Michael Nunn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    There's a good poster on here who will argue against Toney having great skill, usually if you say his name 3-5 times he shows up. Toney, Toney...
    I'd never deny that Toney is a skilled fighter. He clearly is.

Albeit his skills are overrated by many.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      You've never seen the Mike McCallum fights I take it? Or the Iran Barkley and Jirov fights either?
      Barkely wasn't a top class fighter at that point.

McCallum 1 I'll give you even though it was a draw and McCallum was faded. But the rematch he didn't look good.

The poster is right, Toney never dominated or showed a different level of skill against any top level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'd never deny that Toney is a skilled fighter. He clearly is.

Albeit his skills are overrated by many.
        I had a feeling this would bring you out of hiding. Good to see you. Looks like someone said Toney's name into a mirror a third time.

Comment

Barkely wasn't a top class fighter at that point.

McCallum 1 I'll give you even though it was a draw and McCallum was faded. But the rematch he didn't look good.

The poster is right, Toney never dominated or showed a different level of skill against any top level fighter.
          Hi IronDan.

Comment

Good solid fighter, nothing special.
            Serious question, not joshing...are you referring to Nunn? or Toney?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              I had a feeling this would bring you out of hiding. Good to see you. Looks like someone said Toney's name into a mirror a third time.
              In the dessert dying of thirst? on a mountain stranded? Just say in the loudest voice you can muster "JAMES TONEY WAS A FANTASTIC FIGHTER, ONE OF THE BEST, AN ATG!" Then say 'AND BRING A CELL PHONE AND A GLASS OF WATER!' Guess who will be there for the rescue to tell you otherwise!

Comment

Watching the Nunn fight again I think it's only fair to point out that regardless of the weigh-in numbers Tony looked as much as half a weight class lighter than his opponent.

I was surprised by the number of times he was tagged wide open early on. However, going forward he showed a remarkable talent for switching his angles and varying his timing.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Serious question, not joshing...are you referring to Nunn? or Toney?
                  Referring to Nunn.

Comment

Working...
                  X