Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #27 - Saul Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin, Sep 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an easy fight to predict unfortunately. Canelo will win by decision. The only question is whether it is controversial or not. There is NO way GGG wins a decision against Canelo when we have already seen guys like Trout, Mayweather, Lara, and Cotto get weird scores.

That said I see this fight being slow for 2 rounds until Canelo starts taking over and landing clean counter punches in rounds 3-6 then I think Golovkin will have a nice stretch 8-10 until both are gassed in the later rounds. Canelo will throw flashy weak combos while Golovkin stalks forward and lands a big punch here or there.

Comment

• Ok, finally ready to make a decision: GGG by late stoppage.

He just looked so much bigger than Canelo and unless he ages drastically over night, Canelo is going to pay with his slow, cement feet.

Comment

• Adelaide Byrd
        Dave Moretti
        Don Trella

Fun facts about these judges:
        Adelaide Byrd had Amir Khan up 48-47 going into the 6th against Canelo. Both other judges had Canelo ahead.

Dave Moretti had Mayweather 8-4 against Canelo, a lenient card but not as outrageous as the draw produced. He also scored 7-5 for Canelo against Lara. Most notably he scored 11-1 against Cotto, which strikes me as very Canelo friendly.

Shrug, I think GGG can still win a decision. But I'm gonna pick him by late stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Adelaide Byrd
          Dave Moretti
          Don Trella

Fun facts about these judges:
          Adelaide Byrd had Amir Khan up 48-47 going into the 6th against Canelo. Both other judges had Canelo ahead.

Dave Moretti had Mayweather 8-4 against Canelo, a lenient card but not as outrageous as the draw produced. He also scored 7-5 for Canelo against Lara. Most notably he scored 11-1 against Cotto, which strikes me as very Canelo friendly.

Shrug, I think GGG can still win a decision. But I'm gonna pick him by late stoppage.
          the only dubious card there is the 11-1 cotto by moretti. The talk about the judges is way over blown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yorak Hunt View Post
            the only dubious card there is the 11-1 cotto by moretti. The talk about the judges is way over blown.
            The only judge on the docket that is reasonably consistent is Don Trella. Had G over Jacobs 7 rounds to 5, almost never gets called out for BS cards. Whatever he comes up with seems to be the right score.

Byrd's been questionable, Moretti favors the A-side.

My pick for scores if it goes 12:

Moretti will have it unreasonably wide for Canelo.
            Trella will have it close for Canelo.

Comment

• Bro, I'm going to use my last 2X on this one...

Everyone enjoy the fireworks !!!

Comment

• This fight has just passed GGG-Jacobs for 2nd most picks in a Pick 'Em thread. About 35 shy from the #1 - Brook-Spence, and we still got all day to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  This is an easy fight to predict unfortunately. Canelo will win by decision. The only question is whether it is controversial or not. There is NO way GGG wins a decision against Canelo when we have already seen guys like Trout, Mayweather, Lara, and Cotto get weird scores.

That said I see this fight being slow for 2 rounds until Canelo starts taking over and landing clean counter punches in rounds 3-6 then I think Golovkin will have a nice stretch 8-10 until both are gassed in the later rounds. Canelo will throw flashy weak combos while Golovkin stalks forward and lands a big punch here or there.

I see it the exact same way.

Comment

• I think GGG gets a flash knockdown in an otherwise close fight which gives him the decision. Too many people are looking at the Chavez fight as a marker.

The only thing that scares me is that ggg looks a bit drained. But Canelo is not a pressure fighter, triple g can make physical adjustments and dictate the pace of the fight.

I see a lot of cat and mouse early, perhaps a few excellent counter punches by Canelo when triple G is range finding. Flash knockdown comes in the last part of the fight.

Comment

• Stand by my pick even after watching some of their fights, Canelo by close but clear decision. He'll have to invest to the body early which will be risky but I feel that he'll get the job done and not eat anything too serious in return, he knows what he's up against, that early body attack should decide it ultimately.

Comment

Working...
                      X