JCC - Camacho - JLR - Rosario

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Blind worship of Whitaker? How's that?

Saying he was robbed against Ramirez isn't "Blind worship" it's simple vision. Whitaker not only clearly won the fight but he pretty much dominated the fight.

It is on the same level of those robberies, definitely.

Yes, he definitely deserved to beat Ramirez, no doubt at all.

IMO, The Ramirez fight was the clearest win of Whitakers controverisal descions.
    Fine, you think what you wanna think, I know what I think. Ramirez didn't do anything special in that fight, but he was doing all the action. I can't believe someone can think a guy who spends an entire fight ducking and running away can be robbed. But I guess I'm different there...

Comment

more fireworks than hearns-leonard and hagler-hearns?

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Chavez destroyed Camacho and Rosario...and his fight with Ramirez was a glorified sparring session (literally) in which Julio clearly carried his buddy.

Camacho easily outboxed JLR. His fight with Rosario was not exactly one with sustained action. It was very dramatic in that Camacho was in danger throughout the bout.

Chapo vs. JLR I was a pretty evenly fought match that could have gone either way. It was a very good fight, but not what I would consider great. The rematch was truly a great fight, and it's the only one of the bunch (of this group in the thread title) that can match up to Hagler-Hearns for excellence.
        I definitely exaggerated the JCC/JLR/Rosario/Camacho being better then SRL/Hagler/Hearns/Duran. But it is close. The SRL/Hagler/Hearns/Duran get so much more credit.

I think Hagler Hearns is vastly overrated once Hagler realized he could take Hearns best punch he ran through him.

But IMO the JLR vs Rosario fights were great at least as good as the Leonard Hearns fights. The Rosario vs Camacho was very good. Also the Chavez vs Camacho fight was one of the great buildups and the signature fight of the Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          GTFOH! If THAT was one of the worst robberies in history, then what was DLH-Trinidad or Zarate-Pintor?! Come on...you people with your blind worship of Whitaker...he faking RAN entire fight, I SEEN that fight man! He ran! You seriously telling me he DESERVED that fight?! Bs!

You never saw the fight, did you? It was one of the worst robberies in history

Comment

Fine, you think what you wanna think, I know what I think. Ramirez didn't do anything special in that fight, but he was doing all the action. I can't believe someone can think a guy who spends an entire fight ducking and running away can be robbed. But I guess I'm different there...
            Just waiting for the reset man.......

Comment

Well, he did abit more than 'ducking and running'

He jabbed him in his face for the entire 12 rounds, he couldn't miss with the jab.

The first 5 rounds was a clean sweep for Whitaker. Ramirz had some decent rounds in the middle rounds for Whitaker to then dominate the championship rounds.

In pretty much every round except 1 or 2 of them Whitaker landed more cleaner punches, and more punches than Ramirez in general. In fact, Ramirez barely landed any clean punches the entire fight, missing wildly in every round as opposed to Whitaker who was landing consistently throughout.

There is no logcial or reasonable way you can give Ramirez more than 4 rounds Vs Whitaker in the first fight. And giving Ramirez 4 rounds is most definitely pushing it.

The fight was a clear as day robbery.
              Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-17-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

GTFOH! If THAT was one of the worst robberies in history, then what was DLH-Trinidad or Zarate-Pintor?! Come on...you people with your blind worship of Whitaker...he faking RAN entire fight, I SEEN that fight man! He ran! You seriously telling me he DESERVED that fight?! Bs!
                You just made yourself seem like HUGE hypocrite.

The Whitaker fight was not even close. Tito-Oscar is not even on the same level. Oscar ran for the last few rounds, LITERALLY LMAO but you give him credit and not Whitaker? Pernell didn't run he outpointed him and outworked him with the jab. Ramierez couldn't even touch him. Oscar RAN for the last few rounds of that fight. You can't expect their to not be some consequence for running away the last few rounds of a fight especially in the championship rounds. Oscar should have won but it was no way worse then the Whitaker fight. Oscar won 7-5 IMO. That's close.

IMO Whitaker-Ramirez and Whitaker-Chavez are THE #1 & #2 worst robberies in boxing history. Their's just no case for either of those fighters winning more then 2-3 rounds nevertheless winning.

Comment

Funny how you laugh at people and insult them for their opinion.

Ramirez-Whitaker is generally known as one of the biggest robberies of all time.

and you can't say Ramirez deserved it either.

Comment

1. Ramirez
                    2. Rosario
                    3. Chavez
                    4. Camacho

...considering their overall careers.

Comment

Working...
                    X