Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earnie Shavers estimated punching power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. I think it would be difficult to measure.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      Punching power isn't measured in PSI.
      No, but it could be in knockouts, which Drago had plenty of. A prime Apollo Creed might have had a shot at a decision win though.
      Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        No, but it could be in knockouts, which Drago had plenty of. A prime Apollo Creed might have had a shot at a decision win though.
        LOL :hahahaha9: Seriously though, I believe their IS a method of measuring but I have to admit to total ignorance on how it's done. Kind of moot anyway since it's impossible to test fighters from the past to compare with.

Comment

There isn't? I thought I read about Marciano's punching power being measured at some point.

Comment

There isn't? I thought I read about Marciano's punching power being measured at some point.
            They may very well have tested Marciano. The problem is, if you've only tested a small number of fighters over the years the info is pretty worthless. At very least a majority of the greats would have to have been tested for us to be able to make anything of it.

Comment

With VADA testing I'd pick prime Creed to knock out prime Drago.

Comment

Haha, good point.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
                  They may very well have tested Marciano. The problem is, if you've only tested a small number of fighters over the years the info is pretty worthless. At very least a majority of the greats would have to have been tested for us to be able to make anything of it.
                  Very good point!

Comment

Shavers looked to hit as hard, if not harder, than Bert Cooper. Needless to say he was a very heavy hitter.

Of modern day cruiserweights only Kudryashov could be considered on a similar level.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                      Shavers looked to hit as hard, if not harder, than Bert Cooper. Needless to say he was a very heavy hitter.

Of modern day cruiserweights only Kudryashov could be considered on a similar level.
                      I'd point out that Shavers was a HEAVYWEIGHT, not a Cruiserweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X