Best HW Champion Chins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archie_Leach View Post
    Really?

So when Cotto was keeping the belt hostage after beating a cripple did you consider him the man at middle or GGG?
    Of course Cotto was the lineal champ. Not his fault Martinez was the champion and wasn't at his best. There is no other way for any other logical boxing fan to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Of course Cotto was the lineal champ. Not his fault Martinez was the champion and wasn't at his best. There is no other way for any other logical boxing fan to look at it.
      XD

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
        For Ali to go his whole career and fight who he did and to be never ko'd he gets my vote. What a man.
        Cooper did him in.

Clay myth debunked.

Comment

I agree. But what about undisputed, holding all major belts? I think that can be the only other way usually. Even better when someone can do both, like Hopkins, Holyfield and Tyson.

I tend to mostly only count undisputed or lineal title defenses as well how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            I agree. But what about undisputed, holding all major belts? I think that can be the only other way usually. Even better when someone can do both, like Hopkins, Holyfield and Tyson.

I tend to mostly only count undisputed or lineal title defenses as well how about you?
            I think he was joking dude....

Comment

I agree. But what about undisputed, holding all major belts? I think that can be the only other way usually. Even better when someone can do both, like Hopkins, Holyfield and Tyson?
              --- Field never unified squat anymore than Bowe or Douglas did.

They inherited Tyson's hard won unified title that was quickly busted up...boxing 101

Comment

Being the lineal champ doesn't necessarily make you the best in the division. GGG was seemingly the best fighter. Tyson was certainly the best before he beat Spinks. And Holmes was clearly the best during his era while being champion. But I believe you have to beat the man who beat the man to be considered the true champion.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  --- Field never unified squat anymore than Bowe or Douglas did.

They inherited Tyson's hard won unified title that was quickly busted up...boxing 101
                  Didn't have to because the title was already unified. And it was Bowe's fault it got fragmented again when he ran from a fight with Lennox Lewis and chose instead to give up the WBC belt.

Comment

Being the lineal champ doesn't necessarily make you the best in the division. GGG was seemingly the best fighter. Tyson was certainly the best before he beat Spinks. And Holmes was clearly the best during his era while being champion. But I believe you have to beat the man who beat the man to be considered the true champion.
                    Yeah, there are sometimes exceptions. I remember reading here that Mike McCallum was the best even though he only had one belt at junior middle at the time. So I would say it's also about beating the best in that case. For instance, Kovalev was considered the best when Stevenson was lineal champ at light heavy a few years back. Adonis wouldn't fight him, so The Ring finally made the title vacant, which was won by Andre Ward last year. Now that he's retired, The Ring belt at light heavyweight is once again vacant.

Maybe if Stevenson ever grows a pair and stops being "Adonis Chickenson", then we can finally see a fight between them to definitively decide a lineal champ at light heavy.

Comment

--- Gotten to the point when we ask what's for Dinner, gonna be Chickenson soon enough...

Comment

Working...
                      X