Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best HW Champion Chins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OP asks for heavyweight champions. Wake up.

Obviously, Chuvalo is the #1 heavy beard ever. McCall is up there too. Mercer as well. None of them were champions, however. Of the true champions, Willard has it.

As for big Red, good or bad beards run generationally, and he and Vlad (little Red) are of the same generation. One hid his lack of chin better than the other, is all. There is a whole web site devoted to visual illusions. Study.

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
      Can't take this thread seriously since nobody mentioned chuvalo or Randall Cobb
      I was thinking the same thing about Chuvalo but I am not sure he was ever the heavyweight champion.

Comment

--- McCall the WBC champ who whooped Lewis and Holmes not to mentioned never stopped or dropped. Time to study up!

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
          Can't take this thread seriously since nobody mentioned chuvalo or Randall Cobb
          I meant for it to be 'champs' only.

P.S. Sorry I replied before I saw Old Left Hook's post.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
            Agreed but I thought poster wanted only HW champions.
            Chuvalo was the Canadian champion and coob wasn't a champ so good call on that

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              --- McCall hands down.

Then Vitali, neither ever even ruled down. Then Valuev, read it and weep for thee!
              Vits glove touched the canvas against Sanders. Wasn't ruled a KD, but technically he was knocked down by a guy who only ever beat one other top 10 heavyweight.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Mercer. He was technically a champion and showed a chin of granite in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Vits glove touched the canvas against Sanders. Wasn't ruled a KD, but technically he was knocked down by a guy who only ever beat one other top 10 heavyweight.
                  --- Yes, and Valuev also went down in the Ruiz rematch, but both were apparently ruled slips with no replays forthcoming. Shame that, but happy to have seen the fights, so I ain't complaining.

Comment

For me it's still David Tua. McCall in second.

Comment

--- Big Tua fan, but was never a word champ. Shoulda got at least a couple more title shots.

Seems to have been ineptly managed and robbed of his finances that could happen to any of us.

Comment

Working...
                      X