No announcement yet.

Lucas Browne vs Luis Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Chagaev hadn't beaten anybody in at least 5yrs and needed a gift decision to get by Fres Oquendo who was about 83 hows that a better win than Jennings?
    Chagaev was coming off 3 good wins, including a 1st round KO of Pianeta who took Tyson Fury 12 rounds.

Jennings was coming off a loss and has never won a world title like Chagaev.

Comment

I think this is more than just resume (both have pretty mediocre at best). Ortiz is simply a better fighter, you only have to watch them for a round to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
        Both have similar records, but who has the better career? Let's take a look at the silverware they've won and their best 3 wins.

Lucas Browne (27-1-0 24KOs)
        Toney (74-7-3)
        Rudenko (24-0-0)
        Chagaev (34-2-1)
        Titles won: 8
        World titles won: 2

Luis Ortiz (30-1-0 26KOs)
        Jennings (19-1-0)
        Scott (38-2-1)
        Kauffman (32-2-0)
        Titles won: 6
        World titles won: 0

On this evidence you have to say Lucas Browne is the better proven fighter.

The better win is against the undefeated Rudenko, and he won 2 world titles.
        which two world titles did browne win?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          Chagaev was coming off 3 good wins, including a 1st round KO of Pianeta who took Tyson Fury 12 rounds.

Jennings was coming off a loss and has never won a world title like Chagaev.

That sums up how good Pianeta is really he's somehow had two world title shots (despite beating nobody ever) yet his most notable achievement is surviving 10 rounds vs a guy who always ends up going the distance.

Jennings was coming off a loss alright, a competitive decision vs the same guy who destroyed a prime Chagaev and absolutely flattened Pianeta like the journeyman he is.

Comment

A guy like Jennings is a contender, he takes the hard Road fighting undefeated, high risk, low reward opposition. He's doing it again next week.
            Pianeta fights bums yet has somehow had two world title shots and umpteen big fights.

This is what's wrong with boxing.

If he beats Rivas they'll say Rivas was no good.

Comment

Ortiz bends pinky over and murders him. Honestly it would be brutal to watch, Browne would get Kay Oh'd

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                which two world titles did browne win?
                WBF against Toney and WBA against Chagaev.

Comment

Ortiz is the better fighter but he just hasn’t fought anybody. He shouldn’t even be being compared to Browne but his resume is so poor.

It’s the reason for me I can’t give wilder the credit for the fight yet, because until Ortiz has proven he can beat a Povetkin or a Whyte I don’t know if he’s actually at that level

Comment

Luis Ortiz is a internet darling , Dude been overrated by the IBC (Internet Boxing Community)

Comment

Jennings is the best win between either of them. Toney was so damn washed I don't even recognized that. I'd say Thompson/Chagaev were about the same level at the time as well as Kauffman/Rudenko, so those cancel each other out. Ortiz has the better wins clearly, by way of Scott and Jennings

Comment

Working...
                      X