Greats with short reach.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 5ft 9 with 61in reach :/

Comment

Harold Johnson had a shorter reach than most fighters.

Yet he out jabbed every fighter he faced.

In my eyes one of the best jabs of all times, so ridiculously well timed, impeccable footwork to get in and out.

I could watch him all day.

Comment

I don't know the numbers but Henry Armstrong has a short reach...very short.

I don't think it has to be a disadvantage. One has better leverage inside. The mongoose and the snake.

Comment

Mike Tyson had a pretty short reach.

Vinny Pazienza looked like he had quite a short reach too....

Comment

Duran being 5'7 with a 66 reach is bordering on normal though, not really a short reach.

I remember thinking coralles had a short reach for his height.

Comment

Beetlejuice had a short reach. But I believe Hank the Dwarf's was even less when they boxed on the Howard Stern show. They are definitely two greats, though maybe not of boxing. But both are top 5 AT WackPackers.

Comment

Roberto Duran
                Manny Pacquiao
                JCC Sr.
                JMM
                Carlos Zarate
                Wilfredo Gomez
                Aaron Pryor
                Salvador Sanchez
                Azumah Nelson
                Juan Laporte
                Ruben Olivares
                Prince Naseem Hamed
                Bobby Chacon
                Michael Carbajal
                Hector Camacho
                Edwin Rosario

Comment

You guys are lucky, I am a complete freak, I am 5'10, 152 lbs and have a reach of 62 inches, not to mention the only boxers I get to spar with are taller, 15 lbs lighter and have a huge reach advantage, my coaches leave all my technique training to me or just tell me to work harder or be faster or that i'm just unfit, against guys who come to the gym 30 minutes late and don't train all night and just stand by the ring and spar while I work my arse off all night, It's not even that i'm bad at boxing, I'm in my 5th season competing and am north west champion, am a national quarter finalist and beat the midlands champion(In England by the way) last year, I just hate that I can't naturally develop due to my coaches and that boxers who have a greater reach get all the focus, any experienced boxers/coaches got any tips?

Comment

The best you boys can do is plow the same ground over and over?

Comment

Lomachenko and Canzoneri.

Maybe not the most "accurate" answer.

But it applies, in a sense, when considering how they were fighting opponents a full weight class above their ideal weight.

Loma putting away Linares, and Canz dispatching Berg show how the smaller, apparently disadvantaged, man can be the bigger puncher, if he knows what he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X